Chapter 4

Song for this chapter is "Falling In" by Lifehouse

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austin's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened the night before. Kissing her felt like old times. Last night could possibly be the night that could make us get back together.

I sat up on the edge of the bed and checked my phone to see if I got a message from Isabelle. I saw that I had one missed call, but it wasn't from Isabelle. My agent, Ryan, tried calling me last night.

I walked downstairs and dialed his number, while putting on a pot of coffee. He picked up on the first ring and said, "It's about time you give me a call. I haven't heard from you in a few days."

"Well, honey I'm sorry I didn't know how much it meant to you to hear my voice," I said with sarcasm.

"Whatever. How's everything going on down there. How surprised was she when she saw you?"

"Actually, things are going pretty great. She was mostly angry than surprised, but last night we managed to talk things out."

"So, I take it that she's not seeing anyone else."

"No, but she does have a son."

"Well, now I see why you guys haven't spoke to each other in five years. What's the resemblance between you two?"

"What!? No, Ryan, he's not my kid. He's four."

Ryan took a short pause and said, "So, wait, let me get this straight. She was with another guy after you two broke up. She got pregnant and now she has a son."

"That's exactly what happened."

"And, she's not with the father anymore then?"

"No they broke up a few years ago. What are you thinking, Ryan?"

"Have you meet this guy?"

"No I haven't. What are you getting at?," I asked him again, trying to figure out what, exactly, was going through his mind. The coffee maker beeped and I poured myself a cup.

"Austin, you are stepping on some major territory here. Please tell me you haven't done anything with her yet." I could hear the concern in his voice, and it kinda got me to think about what happened last night.

"Well it depends on if you say kissing her last night, counts as not doing anything."

"You kissed her... unbelievable." I could hear him laughing.

"Ryan, a few days ago you were on board with me getting back together with her."