Unpleasant Musings

Sarah knew that Jareth was watching her, she could feel him (though he would deny it), and she knew that he worried she would leave. Sarah knew that, even though they had come to another agreement, he still feared losing her. 

In its own way, it was sweet and yet the sentiment became highly annoying. She wished he would leave her unwatched for just a few bloody moments, his steadfast vigil was making her skin crawl. She was still surprised, a few days later, when her unspoken wish came true. Which then simply acted to make her suspicous: either he had heard her wish and decided to grant it or (and this was far more likely for, if Jareth had heard her wish, he would have become even more steadfast in his watching) she was finally catching a break.  

Jareth had been called to an early morning meeting, slipping from their bed, and leaving her behind in the warm blankets. She assumed he believed her to still be asleep, but she had woken the moment he moved, and Sarah waited until he left. 

When the door to their chamber had clicked shut behind him, Sarah bolted, cursed the cold stone floor, grabbed her robe, and ran to her stationary set. 

With haste, Sarah scribed a letter to Hermione explaining the turn of events and warned her mortal friend to save the summons until the final moment, when all other hope seemed lost. When the letter was completed, the sand thrown over the wet ink, and sealed with the High Queen's personal seal, Sarah summoned Duth. 

She had found that, with bribes of sugar, Duth could be pursued not to inform the King of all of her dealing, which she was grateful for. There were some things that a husband should not know even if such things were of little harm. 

The little goblin popped into existence beside Sarah, a puzzled look upon his face (for the Queen rarely called forth on her goblins while in the castle of the High King, her Fae guards were, normally, enough to keep her safe) and then the wizened face broke into a smile at the sight of a sugared treat. 

Duth, unlike others of the Queen's goblin guard, also knew to avoid the King after having accepted sugar. A hyped-up goblin brought immediate suspicion to the Queen. Jareth had harsh laws about keeping sugar, of any kind or form, away from goblins. 

The list of un-givable items was, in all honesty, far longer and involved items such as : rubber ducks, rubber of any kind, most forms of clothing (especially socks and hats), toothpaste, gasoline, C-4 (lesson learned the hard way), sprinkles, glitter (Sarah had ideas of this one, but Jareth had never declined or acknowledged any of them), and duck tape. 

Sarah had her own list which banned the goblins (and their king) from her underwear draw, overall, her closest, the stove, the fridge, the icebox, and (after a very long night) any organic store. It seemed that even the goblins could not stomach pure coconut water. 

To be fair, she had tried to warn them that it tasted disgusting without anything with it, but they had been determined. 

Considering the fact that most of the items the goblins tended to consume looked disgusting before being chewed-Sarah refused to allow herself to remember what those items had looked like after they came back up. 

Trying to dispel the terrifying memory, Sarah crawled back into the bed (overly grateful that the covers were still warm) and tried to fall back to sleep. 

She was just beginning to drift away when Duth landed on her bed, handed her a letter, demanded payment, and then disappeared. 

A/N: The coconut water thing was a true story, my mom told me not to do it, but I drank it straight and then almost threw up. That's what I get for trying to be healthy. Thank the gods I had chocolate nearby. Though, to be honest, I normally have chocolate near by.