Chapter Three

Ah! Chapter Three already? I'm just kidding, I intended to release three or four chapters in one day so that I could get a few reads, maybe even some votes or loving comments, a couple of fans...NOT! Wow I need to stop being so negative.

ENJOY>>>>>>

' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~

I’m overreacting. There is no way he is staring at me. Sophie thought nervously and then looked around the room. Oh my God, he is still looking at me! Am I ugly? It is so obvious; everyone else is looking at me too.

It was true, not only was he staring, but the other students noticed his shocked expression and was looking at her too.

“Sorry, my mind just went blank for a moment and I panicked,” He apologized. “I’m Mr. Row, and this is my first year teaching AP Biology, and my second year teaching science.”

Maybe Sophie had only thought he was looking at her, because Mr. Row could have just lost his train of thought, like he said. Sophie felt a little better after deciding that she had just imagined it, and in reality it had only been a few seconds, though it had felt like hours.

“Let’s get to know each other a little, shall we?” Sophie gulped as his eyes met hers, and this time she was sure he was looking at her. “I have the list here, so I’ll just go down in order.”

Sophie breathed out as he called out the first name, and for once in her life, she was glad her last name started with a ‘W’, so she would be called last. She had tuned out the conversation, but her attention was focused once more on Mr. Row when he said her name.

“Sophia Williams?” He asked and looked around the room. Sophie’s head shot up and he eyed her expectantly.

“I like to be called Sophie.” She answered.

“Well then, Sophie, what’s your favorite school subject?”

“I like Science and Band.” She put her hands under her desk and gripped her legs to stop herself from shaking. The more she looked at him, the more familiar he looked, and it killed her to not know why.

“That’s interesting, what instrument do you play?” He asked and shifted his weight in the chair so he was facing her head on.

“The trombone,” Sophie tried to answer in short replies, so she could prevent herself from sounding nervous or stuttering.

“Very nice, and I’m glad to hear that you enjoy science,” He smiled brilliantly and her breath caught in her throat, “It will make this class more enjoyable for you.”

As if nothing had happened he moved on to tell everyone how this class was going to work. Overall it sounded like it was going to be a challenge, considering it was worth college credit.

The bell rang and people stood up and gathered their belongings. Sophie stood up as well and grabbed her back pack, slipping her notebooks inside. To her extreme horror, she was moving slower than the rest of the class and the zipper on her backpack wouldn’t close properly. Mr. Row was standing at the door saying goodbye to everyone. Sophie was about to give up and run out the door when Mr. Row closed the door behind him and turned around, his face was taken over by shock when he saw she was still here.

“Do you need help?” He chuckled a little at her situation.

“No, I’ve got it.” She answered defensively.

“Here,” He was by her side and he grabbed her hands calmly and removed them from the bag. Slowly he closed the zipper, never removing his eyes from hers. He leaned in a little to whisper, “All better.”

Sophie bit her lip nervously and he laughed again, sending shivers down her back. Mr. Row stepped away and let Sophie pass him. Her cheeks flamed red as she ran out of the classroom; she couldn’t believe that she had let him get to her like that.  

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sophie met Rachel in the parking lot, and they left the school. Rachel talked non-stop about this one cute boy in her math class, and Sophie settled into the seat. She did her best to listen, but her thoughts were on her science class, and Mr. Row. There was something terrifyingly familiar about him and she wanted to know what it was. After a good ten minutes of intense thinking, Sophie had a headache.

"Sophie, are you okay?" Rachel asked with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, it's just been a long day.” She replied with a sigh.

“Aw, I’m sorry,” Rachel said while stopping in front of her house. “I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?”

“See you tomorrow Rachel.” Sophie smiled and jumped out of Rachel’s car, waving goodbye as she drove off down the road in the direction of her own house.

Sophie went into her house and after spending the rest of the evening thinking about Mr. Row, she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~ * ' * ~

What did you think? Please, if you have time or care, vote, comment, fan, share, or whatever floats your boat.

~ LouisCandles ~

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED