CHAPTER 2

❄☁

As I was walking, I could hear a rustling sound coming from the bush. Oh! The snow wolf appeared again. It jumped out of the bushes then kicked it's red apple to me.

I thought wolves were carnivorous animals? So does that mean they eat fruits? And why does it keep kicking that shiny red apple?.

I'm not sure whether I'm to pick it or not Because they are like dogs. Some attack, some play....

It's tail was white and the tip was pink. It reminded me of the shirt Lewis wore with his brown jacket.

The wolf never attacks me and I wonder why? Lewis told me something about the destined one being the only one able to see it. A woman passed by with her son, not noticing the wolf. I'm I seeing things or catching a cold?

Let me try something "Excuse me Madam, please can you look at that tree and tell me what you see..... ".

The woman turned and said "It's a big tree covered and surrounded by snow" she then looked at me with an I'M I STUPID look.

"Thank you ma".

"Aren't you Mrs Swezens niece?" she asked.

"Yes, I am" I smiled "how do you know me?".

"I'm her neighbour. I see you come by sometimes" she replied. "I'm Helen by the way".

"And I'm Hungry Jerry!" her little son yelled.

"I'm sorry for that, he's a bit stubborn sometimes". Helen pulled his ear "let's go!".

He walked away and I could still her Jerry groan "Oww!".

I'm finally here! I walked towards her door and knocked but there was no reply.

*knock knock*
I heard footsteps approaching the door when I leaned, putting my ear on the black and silver painted door.

"Who is there?" a male voice answered.

"It's Charlene. I'm looking for Aunty Swezens!".

I removed my ear from the door in order not to fall.
The sound of keys unlocking the door became a bit louder when the door started to shake.

"Come on in" the boy pointed his hand towards the couch.

"Long time no seek Brad.... " I chuckled.

Trying to be a good host and offer hospitality, he was a bit grumpy.
Maybe I interrupted him.
I don't think so (noticing how untidy the place was).

What of your mum? I was supposed to drop some supplies for her.

"She left for the market about an hour ago!" he replied, jumping on the sofa and clicking the remote.

"An hour!" I looked down at my watch. I must have been with Lewis for an hour! Oh Cheese flakes!

He opened the fridge "Calm down C-bear...you can come and have something to drink. What would you like?"

"I'd like a bottle of water and a REALLY SHARP SWORD OR KNIVE AND A BOOK ABOUT MISTERIOUS APPLE KICKING SNOW PEST!".

Brad touched me, gaining my attention. "Are you okay C-bear? Did you faint in the snow or hit your head?" he asked with a worried laugh.