➸ venomous. [11]

aneksi had been spending a lot of time at home, or at her mom's work. mostly to get away from the problems that scott and his friends brought. hell, she could've died fighting the lizard creature. in order to avoid them, she never followed her dad to his work since sheriff stilinski worked there. she rarely bumped into melissa mccall, but she didn't complain when they met.

cory visited often. aneksi apologized for her weird behaviour and sat there, taking away his dad's pain. at least she could do something good with these powers, and she prevented the near-death scenario to ever repeat. he promised each time to never tell a soul, and she believed him. a few days after the school pool incident, isaac appeared on her door step. tilting her head to the side, she sighed at him because he knew she'd rather stay away from it all.

"can we please borrow you?" he asked, pressing an innocent smile.

"we?" she quoted, already knowing the answer. "what does derek need me for?"

"i'll explain on the way." he reached out his hand as she contemplated on it.

"fine. but i can leave whenever i want to." she demanded, closing the door after her.

isaac walked beside her towards the lair. she follower with folded arms and waited for him to explain this sudden request of her presence and help.

"okay, i want you to just be there, and derek needs your ability to compell people." he informed her, causing her to close her eyes and look away.

"isaac, i'm not good at that. i've practiced on you, but..." she said, twitching the corner of her mouth sideways.

"and it has worked on me every time. you made me put on a bra and walk outside. and you made me tell you about my most embarrassing memory. i'd never do that or tell anyone that." he argued back, nudging her body with his.

"who is it i'm compelling?" she asked quietly, in defeat.

"it's... jackson, actually." he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"what?!"

"you'll make him forget you were even there, don't worry."

as much as aneksi doubted her own skills, she went with him and leaned her body against the nearest wall when isaac left. derek sat by a chair half a meter from her and held a piece of glass, which made her frown deeply.

"what the hell is that for?" she asked abruptly, but he just ignored her.

isaac and erica returned to them, but with a struggling jackson in their hands. he looked up at aneksi with pure confusion and panted.

"what happened to you on the night of the full moon?" derek asked bluntly.

"what? nothing. nothing happened." jackson stated, which derek didn't believe one bit.

"you're lying." derek almost mumbled. he put the glass shard away and began putting on gloves.

"no, wait, i can prove it. i taped myself." he said quickly, glancing at aneksi. isaac laughed and raised his eyebrows.

"you taped yourself?" isaac smirked, making her frown in disgust.

"yes. it was a full moon. and maybe while you were curled in the corner having an existential crisis about turning into a monster, i was preparing for the so-called gift your big, bad alpha promised me, and what did i get? nothing. you want proof? let me get the video."

jackson calmed down a bit and isaac softened his grip of him. aneksi looked down at derek, who nodded at her to do what she was brought to do. with a heavy sigh, she reluctantly approached jackson and gazed at him.