~two~

A/N: It will get better, i promise. Please comment, vote and add it to your reading list.. Please tell me what you think :)

EDITED BY: lostindreamz

+++

Bree's P.O.V.

Being Queen Bee of Kingsbury High was never my plan. All I wanted was to get good grades and have a few friends but things turned upside down. I started dating the guy I never thought I'd go out with; Luke Arthur. Don't get me wrong, Luke was the definition of the Perfect Jock. He was great, sweet and yes, he was Kind. A guy that could sweep you off your feet just with his charms but when he joined the football team, he changed. He became obsessive, arrogant and rude - a complete opposite of what he was before.

The hall is packed with laughing, yelling, high school students, a couple of guys passing around a basketball blocking my way. I watch the ball being passed around rather forcefully and my fingers wrap around the strap of my bag hanging from my shoulders, tensed at the thought that the ball might hit my face. This is dangerous. Where are the teachers when you need them?

I push through the crowd, scampering to get away from the ball and halt when I somehow manage to reach the front door of the student council room safely. 'Thank God,' I breathe out.

As I open the door, the first person I see is Chelsea, the Event committee head. She whips her head as she hears the door creak open and a welcoming beam immediately sports her lips.

"Bree!" she greets, grinning at me. "I finished the poster for the Prom," she says proudly, running over to me with a poster in her hands.

"This is beautiful," I comment smiling at the poster. Decorated in a mix of purple, pink and silver with a jeweled mask in the center, itlooks simply incredible. On the upper side written in golden, bold, elegant letters is the word 'Prom'.

I look back at Chelsea and I give her an approving smile, "You did great." She smiles back at me, while her cheeks turn a light tint of red at my compliment.

A few seconds of silence follow, after which Chelsea calls my attention again with an awkward, "Uhm Bree," her smile disappearing in a matter of seconds. I look at her expectantly, waiting for what she is going to say and she asks the question. "Are you okay? I heard what happened earlier"

News and rumors spread like wildfire here in school and knowing it was about an hour since I broke up with the hottest guy in school, it didn't surprise me that everyone already knew. But it's still weird having each and every one of the students talking about your own personal life. Its kinda suffocating honestly.

"Yeah" I shrug.

After I finish arranging the things needed for Prom- although it's still months away- I wall my way to the cafeteria leaving Chelsea with the other council members.

'There they are,' I say to myself as I spot my friends on the 'popular table' and wave frivolously, letting out a smile when people greet me as I make my way to the table.

"Bree!" Casey beams, waving at me when she notices me approaching the table.

"Look who's here," Darren, one of Luke's friends flashes me a smile when I finally reach the table. "You caused quite a drama earlier this morning," he chuckles.

"We never expected that" Greg, one of the football jocks add. When Luke and I had started dating, the whole team had become my friends and I couldn't hide the fact that I was relieved that they didn't seem to hate me considering how I'd hurt their captain's heart. It's funny how I feel more comfortable with the jocks than with Cassey and Liv. It seems to me they were more sincere on our friendship than they are.