Chapter 1: The first and probably only chapter

Man, how old was I? I think I was 8? Yeah, that's about right.
In these days, I was VERY different from how I am now. I guess you want to hear the story? Welp, here goes.
A long time ago, in a galaxy fa- oh wait. I got distracted sorry.
It has been a long day, although it was only 10:00 in the morning. My family wasn't doing too well but we were alright. My dad was always off doing something else. He said he was going to retire, but I'm pretty sure that was a lie. My mom was kind of upset about this. My brother was handling this well, surprisingly. Me on the other hand, I was really concerned because his absence was causing my mother to be upset, and when she's upset, things don't turn out so well.
"Why are you home so late?!" I heard my mom call from downstairs.
I got up from my bed and headed down where she was. My mom was currently arguing with my dad about him being 'late' home. This sort of stuff happens a lot.
"Are mom and dad arguing again?" My brother, Henry (he goes be Mutt for some reason), had just walked up next to me.
"Yep." I replied.
"As usual. Just have to look at the bright side of things, if you can." He sighed. This was what my life was like.

"Lily, you want to buy something? Like a bracelet or something?" My mom asked me. We were in Sweden at the time and my mom decided to check out a little shopping place.
"I'll look, I guess." I walked around the current store and didn't see much. As we walked through the area, I spotted something bright orange out of the corner of my eye. It was a scarf. I usually didn't care for these sorts of things but this was something I really wanted.
"Mom! Can I get that?" I tugged at her sleeve and pointed to the scarf.
"Sorry but that's very expensive. I can't get that for you." She said as she walked off.
I felt someone pat my back.
"It's okay. You'll get that scarf someday." I was my brother.