Chapter 2: Oh look! Guess that wasnt the last chapter!

"Henry, please be safe. Take care of yourself. Make sure to contact us." My mom was being very protective of him.
Why was he doing this?
"Mom, I'll be fine. Just make sure dad actually believes the fact I'm finally doing this." He said, quite done with mom.
I didn't want to speak. He was leaving.
"Faith, I'll make sure to keep in contact with you, okay?" He said to Faith, who was standing beside me. We were friends, though I had a feeling they had a thing for each other.
He was the only person keeping me from going insane.
"Lily," he knelt down in front of me, since I'm so short,"I got something for you."
He pulled out a brown paper bad with a smiley face on it. That was kind of our thing, like an inside joke in a way.
Paper bags with smiley faces.
I took the bag and slowly opened it.
There it was. The scarf.
But that was three years ago since then. How did he remember?
"Thank you." I spoke, quietly.
He laughed then after we said our goodbyes, he began speaking to me again.
"Lily, I'll be back eventually. I mean, it's just California. It's not like I'm moving to Asia. I'll still be in the country. But remember, look at the bright side of things, if you can."

Look at the bright side of things.