Prolouge

"Hey Faggot" someone yelled at Dan. The usual abuse, every day.

Dan's basic schedule went, Go to school, get beaten down, go home, get more beaten down, fail at sleep, and repeat.

"Hey faggot I spoke to you" Dan's soul froze. Uh oh.

The punches hit Dan hard until he was numb. It wasn't the quiet and peaceful numb. This was the painful numb. Like you are drowning. Slowly sinking. Losing mind and consciousness.

°°°°°°°

Dan didn't know when they had left him alone. All he knew was he was lying at the back of the bike shed. He could feel a puddle of blood around him, some cuts still oozing blood. Dan knew if he lay there much longer more abuse would come his way.

He hauled himself onto two feet. He pulled himself out of the shed and out to see the sun setting. Dan shuddered, knowing the reaction his parents would give when he was late home.

His bag slumped over his shoulder he a stumbled across the park, roads, and world to his home.

"Loser you're late, again" His mother hissed "I'll deal with you later now get me a cup of tea"

Dan sighed and ran to the kitchen, making his mother a cup of honestly very well made tea. She drank the first few sips as if she was going to be poisoned, the chugged the rest of the drink as soon as she realised she wasn't. Dan walked upstairs and placed (threw) his bag onto his bed.

He thought about killing himself. This had become a routine for him. Thinking about this, considering it, and then chickening out because he was to weak to do it.

"BOY!" His father's voice echoed across the house, to say Dan was scared of his father would be an understatement.

Luckily for Dan his father was never home really, but when he was it was painful. Dan's brain started going at lightning speed, he grabbed a chair and placed it below the rope he had set out weeks ago.

He stood on the chair, put his head through the loop, and kicked the chair away just as the door swung open.

Dan's brother walked in to warn Dan of their father and saw Dan hanging from the ceiling.

"MUM! DAD!" Adrian's voice carried quickly across the house and his parents soon arrived in Dan's room. Horror across their faces.