The Birthday

*Angelique's Pov*

~Dream~

~*1890*~

I smile at the line of men waiting for a chance to dance with me.

"Oh boys I'm oh so very tired. Hopefully we can dance another time." I say faking exhaustion.

"Ohhh please Miss Angeline just one more dance." One man calls and the rest of the men chime in behind him.

"Okay whoever catches my bonnet can have one more dance with me and can spend the rest of the evening in my presence." I say before turning around with a small smirk as I throw my bonnet backwards. I can hear yelling and protest before I finally turn around.

"So who has the pleasure to give me one final dance." I ask sweetly.

"That would be me, love." I hear before seeing a gorgeous blonde man with the most beautiful accent I have ever heard.

'He wasn't here before.' I think then curtesy to the handsome gentleman.

"And what might you name be kind sir?" I ask politely and once I pull my head up to meet his eyes I notice everyone has cleared out and it's only me and him.

"You will remember me." He says looking me directly in my eyes and a flood of memories from my childhood come at me at once.

"Nik..." I whisper taking in the man in front of me as I throw my arms around his neck crying into his chest.

"It's okay, love. I'm here." He soothes rubbing my back gently.

"How could you leave me Niklaus?! How could you?! I hate you!" I sob as he continues to hold me close.

"I'm so sorry my sweet Angel. I'm sorry." He whispers to me. Causing my sobs to stop and me to stare into his eyes.

"You left me Nik. You let them take me and kill my mother." I say with malice.

"I'm truly sorry, but I never truly left you I was always near by." He says stroking my hair.

"Oh yeah how about when my father killed me." I snap.

"That I was not around to witness." He says throwing me a sad smile. "But just think if he didn't kill you I would have never got to see how beautiful you have grown up to be."

I couldn't help the blush that spread across my cheeks as he said this.

"Thank you." I say looking down and then he lifts my head up so I'm looking right back into his eyes.

"Don't hide from me Angel." He says giving me his killer dimply smile causing me to giggle.

"I missed you Nik." I say burying my head into his chest wishing to never let go, but then he pulled back.

"I missed you too, but now you must forget." He says and I step away in protest.

"No..." I say and he grabs my face in his hand.

"You will forget me again and go on living your life to the fullest extent." He says compelling me.

~Dream Ends~

I sit open my eyes groaning as the sun shines in my face. I turn over burying my face into my pillow. I can feel it move underneath me.

'What the hell?' I say.

I run my hand across the bed only to feel something rock solid next to me, like a person.

"Stefan really? Go in your own bed." I groan slapping his arm and I hear a deep chuckle that is definitely not Stefan. I open my eyes only to be greeted by the sight of Klaus. So I did the only reasonable thing I could do in this situation. Yes I screamed at the top of my lungs and kicked him in the groining and off my bed.