Some Sparring

(Chat's POV)

After we finished our food, I walk Marinette to the gymnasium. She doesn't look at me the entire time we walk there. Just stares ahead lost in thought.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" I ask.

She just keeps walking, not looking over at me.

"Marinette?" I ask lightly touching her arm.

She flinches. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you ask me something?"

"I asked if you were okay."

Marinette shrugs. "I don't know. Just the concepts of everything here are so hard to get used to. Plus, I'll go through two weeks worth of training and fighting. Yet, nothing will change in my world. It's all just so strange."

I nod. "I see how different that must seem. How impossible and confusing to what you're used to."

She stops. "That's right. You're used to to this. How does sense of time work here? How do you know when the time is ready for a new Ladybug to come here?"

"Well, generally time goes by a lot faster here. About a month before the new Ladybug comes, time starts to slow. At the same time, the queen makes her appearance. Causing the start of people to lose hope. More and more everyday. When the Ladybug comes, the progression of people that give up almost stops. But not all. Evil is still lurking.

"Though, for some reason, even with the time slowed, something happens once the Ladybug comes. Time slowly starts to speed up. It takes two weeks for it to go back to normal. That's why you can only stay for two weeks in our time. Or it could affect your world greatly."

Marinette nods looking down. "It still doesn't seem possible, but I'll get over it. Maybe. I just can't help thinking about the possibilities. And only through Tikki I can pass through these worlds. Everything about this place... it's so interesting and wondrous."

I smile. "Yeah, well we should probably get going. You have sparring."

She sighs. "Yeah, you're right."

~Time Skip/Marinette's POV~

After walking with Chat, I got ready to spar. I wasn't surprised to be met with Nathanael first.

He gave me a smile. "I don't want to hurt you, but it's for your benefit."

"Thanks for letting me know," I say. "I can't go easy on you though. If I did, I wouldn't be showing my true colors."

"Before we start," Nathanael says. "After we're done, there are some snacks for Tikki to recharge her energy. I'll show you when we're done."

"That's good. I don't want Tikki to get sick, or over exert herself," I say as I bring her out.

"Marinette, I'll be fine. We're here to make you stronger. So I'll withstand everything I can," the kwami says.

I nod. "Tikki! Transform me!"

She does as I say and I feel a surge of energy flow through me as my suit covers my body. It's a Victorian style red velvet dress with long sleeves, black polka dots, and a black ribbon around the waist. I have black stockings to match. My mask has lace around the edges as well.