~ chapter 1 ~

It had been an anonymous tip; a simple duffel bag filled with $15,000, a list of items and an address.

No name, nothing else.

He thought about taking the money and ignoring the rest of the tip but, upon researching the address, found that it belonged to Iwaizumi Hajime.

The leader of The Government.

(He was also a bit wary about the fact that this person knew where he lived.)

So that was how Hinata Shoyou ended up outside the lavish mansion at 1 o'clock in the morning, dressed in black and currently scaling the building towards the second floor hallway window. It had been left open - much to Shoyou's surprise and suspicion - so he climbed through as quietly as he could before softly landing on to the carpeted floor. He took another look at the list of items:

1. A golden cup from the glass cabinet in the dining room.

2. A pen drive from the red jacket hanging over the chair in the lounge.

3. A leather-bound notebook in the office.

4. An empty photo frame on the wall outside Iwaizumi's bedroom.

5. A bottle of rose wine from the fridge.

The items seemed odd and rather random but Shoyou wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to be $15,000 richer.

Making his way through the house, he came across the empty photo frame first and quietly placed it into his backpack before tiptoeing across the hall to what he hoped was the office to find the notebook lying open on the desk. Hinata resisted the temptation to look inside it and quickly placed it in his backpack before heading downstairs.

The house was completely silent; Hinata's breathing felt loud in his ears. He spotted the gold cup as he descended the stairs but decided to leave that until the end as it was closest to the door.

The red jacket looked unusually bright in the darkness of the early morning so Hinata quickly dug through each of the pockets until he found the pen drive. He put it in his jacket pocket and zipped it shut so there was no risk of it falling out.

The wine was the simplest to find. Hinata pulled it out of the fridge and, after a second's deliberation, pulled off the cork and took a swig.

"Always better when it's cold," he whispered before carefully placing it in his bag.

He walked out of the kitchen and made his way over to the glass cabinet. The handle squeaked when he turned it so he turned it slowly, hoping it wouldn't wake anybody up.

He sighed in relief when he was finally able to pull the cabinet door open but didn't expect the entire house to be illuminated in red and a loud wailing to ring through the halls. Hinata quickly grabbed the golden cup before pulling open the front door and running across the garden towards the cluster of trees at the back of the house.

When he was far enough in that he wouldn't be spotted, he stopped and turned to see that the police were just arriving. Running a hand through his hair, he stopped and cursed to himself as he realised that he must have dropped his hat somewhere inside the house. Without any further thought, he turned and ran.

***

"Nishinoya," Hajime greeted as he made his way along the halls of the Government HQ. The smaller male was almost running to catch up with him. "I want a report on the break-in last night."

Nishinoya simply nodded and brought out his tablet. "The robber only took five things," the Head Agent declared as he showed Hajime the footage from the security camera. "As he's in the house, it's hard to tell who he is." Nishinoya fast-forwards the footage and switches to a camera outside the house. "But, in his haste to leave, his hat falls off and reveals who he is."

As Nishinoya zooms in on the robber's face, Hajime smirked. "Hinata Shoyou." Nishinoya nodded. "I want you to send a team to fetch me this...petty thief. And I want your best team." Nishinoya sends him a knowing smirk.

"As you wish, Mr President."