Chapter 1

My red cup of bubbling alcohol fell to the floor, splashing my bare legs as he grabbed my arm tugging me towards the back door. I scream out, but nobody seems to hear me over the band playing on the stage. The huge spot lights shine down on the far side of the room leaving me in the dark as I am yanked forward through the huge ocean of bodies. I do everything I can to yank free, but fail to escape his grasp.

"Screaming will make it worse" his cold breath on my ear makes me shiver and goosebumps appear along my spine. I can't believe he found me.

I can already feel bruises beginning to surface on my wrists from the tight grip he has on my wrist. Panic spreads throughout my body. I let out one more shriek before my body is hit by the cold night air and I am exited from the building.

Tears and wattery mascara run down my cheers and my hair is falling over my eyes. I clinch my jaw in pain as I try my best to break from his strong hold. Jerking my arm back towards me, an excruciating pain takes over my body. Closer to the brick wall than I thought, my elbow rams into the brick causing my to cringe.

"You always were a clumsy little girl," He speaks to me in a calming voice that makes me shiver. "Never aware of your surroundings." As he ended his sentence his voice got lounder and more empowering as if he was working his way up to play with my mind.

I shriek as his fist makes contact with my cheek causing my face to burn with heat. The pain is excruciating. I cant let him hurt me again. I need to get beck into that party. Why cant anybody hear me screaming? As I bring my arm up to wipe the blood off of my nose I notice something in my peripheral vision, but the knot in my throat doesn't allow me to scream for help.

"ALWAYS," He grabs me by the shoulders and slams my body into the wall. "SO," Slam. "FUCKING," I see a tall figure running towards us. "WORTHLESS." He splams me into the wall one more time.

With another punch to my face I cant take it anymore. As my knees give out I fall to the ground. I clamp my eyes shut, expecting to fall on the concrete at any given time, but to my surprise I feel two arms wrap around my body catching me inches above the ground. My eyes stay screwed shut as I hear an assuring voice.

"Are you okay? What the fuck!" The mystery person yells as I gasp to catch my breath.

I lie motionless on the ground as I hear my brothers voice. "Get out of here you bastard or I'm going to kill you-" he's cut off by the stranger pushing him up against a wall.

"Run!" I don't move. "Get out of here! Run!" He yells in a raspy British accent. He must not be from here. You don't hear many British accents in California.

I open my eyes to find a tall, muscular man throwing Sam onto the ground. His fist slams into the nose of my brother. While I try to wrap my head around what has been happening I notice the curls in his hair sticking to his sweaty forehead as he beats the life out of my brother. When reality hits me I jump up from my position on the ground. That's Harry.

"Stop! Stop, please, stop!" My voice echoes through the empty ally as a quickly stand up and run over to pull him off of my brother.

He needs to leave.

Harry turn to look at me as his bloody fists let go of Sam, allowing him to hit the pavement. When his eyes met mine fear shook throughout my whole body. I turned and ran. In my dizzy state it was hard to keep running but looking back at Harry feet behind me scared me to death.

Twenty minutes ago I was inside listening to a young man in a black t-shirt and skinny jeans sing and now he is chasing me through a dark ally while blood drips down my face and that scares the life out of me. As I near a corner the ground is pulled out from under me and I fall into a deep, cold sleep.