Chapter 3

"Bye Allie," I hugged my bestfriend as we neared the little childhood Boutique that I worked at. "Thanks for listening to everything." I slightly smiled and sighed.

"Hey, don't say thank you! Just listen, I know what they say about him, but I really think he's changed. You don't need to worry about it girl." Of course she thinks he's changed.

Allie is one of those girl who, well, she sleeps around. When I met her a year ago she was sitting outside of her house at midnight with a bottle of wisky. She told me she was locked out so I took her inside, sobered her up and let her sleep on my couch. Ever since that night we've been tied together at the hip. Nobody understands why were such good friends, we just are. We're complete opposites. I don't remember cussing once in my life time, she swears every five words. She's dated 7 guys in the past six monthes, i've never had a boyfriend. Ever. I groan at the thought of it.

We both walk our seperate ways and I turn around to wave before entering the store. I walk over to the counter to clock in and am surprised to find my boss wasn't there. I take advantage of her absense and check my phone to see if I have any unread messages. Just as I turn it off she rushed into the room. "Jenna, how many times do I have to tell you?" Are you serious? "No phones during working hours!" My rather uptight boss scolds me for the tenth time. "Sorry" I place my phone in the basket of electronics and get to work sorting through baby clothes, toys and furnature.

Throughout the day I find myself wondering what it would be like to have a family. Every woman that comes in here with her new baby or toddler seems so happy. Not one has had a frown on their face. I never understood why I applied for a job at a baby consignment shop and boutique and I really don't know how I got the job. I didn't grow up around little kids and I've held no more than two babies in my life, but I always have wanted one of my own.

Being around all these babies made me wonder who that little girl Harry had to pick up the other day was. I bet he's good with children, but I can't help but be concerned for her safety when she's around him. As the week went by I slowly forgot about him, but today he's back in my mind. It's like he never left.

It's been five days since I woke up in his house.

Every day I wake up in my own bed. The birds aren't chirping, the sun isn't shining in on my body. The kitchen is empty and I eat a breakfast bar every day, not pancakes. I woke up to my alarm beeping, not Harrys enthusiastic voice. I hate to admit it, but being at his house that morning reminded me of living with my mom. Living with my mom was full of sunshine and happy days. Every day was a new day there. Harry's house is so fresh and new. I almost wish it was my own. I wonder what it would be like to live there. With him. Maybe even a little baby.

I shook the thought from my mind and laughed at myself for wasting my brainpower on something so stupid. Before I knew it the day was ending and it was time to clock out. I walk over to the desk where my boss as sorting through onesies and grabbed my phone and purse from the basket. "Bye Stacey!" I yelled as I turned around and exited out the front door, walking into the cool September air.

Fall is right around the corner and the sun is setting earlier every day, which means long walks home at night. The pathway from my house to work is beautiful, I must admit, but ever since Sam found me I've been paranoid to go anywhere alone. Allie and I work within a block of each other so luckily I don't have to take the frightening walk alone, but the dull ringing of fear is still present.

Since Allie reminded me earlier with a quick text that she would be a little late leaving work today I sit down on the creaky bench outside of "Momma's Favorites Boutique" and rest my head on the dark brick wall, letting my worries engulf my brain. A cool breeze blows my hair and I shiver, tugging on my sleeves.