Prologue

I stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes dark, from the lack of sleep and the eye liner running down my eyes from crying. And with my hair every which way possible, I quickly brushed my hair and threw the brush into my back pack. I looked at myself once more in the mirror and took the wash cloth that was on my bathroom sink, turning on my sink, I got the wash cloth wet and wiped my face off from any of the makeup I didn't already cry off. As I threw the wash cloth into my hamper, I could hear my father continue to scream, drunken nonsense at the TV. I sighed, walking into my room that was connected to my bathroom. throwing more clothes and necessary essentials into my back pack. I picked up my phone from my bed, looking at the time.

11:53pm

 I read the text messages that were sent to me none of them were really that important so I put my phone in my back pocket. I looked around my room one last time before turning to my window and picking up my shoes, that were placed there just in case I needed them. I sat down at the edge of the window sill, putting my black converse on. I picked up my back pack and slung it over my shoulder and picked up my duffel bag, I had previously packed the night before. 

I jumped at the sound of glass breaking coming from down stairs along with screams of my father demanding me to clean it up, followed by slow foot steps making their way up the stairs. I knew I had just about twenty seconds before he made it up the stairs and to my bedroom door, seeming as my bedroom and the bathroom connected to my room were at the top of the staircase. I could hear his footsteps getting louder and louder as my time to escape him was diminishing. 

I quickly threw on my jacket over my sweater that I was already wearing. And threw open my window, throwing my back pack and duffel bag of the window and climbing out. Looking back  as my father swung open my bedroom door.  He stood there for a second with a flush of emotions, seeming to be shocked and angry with a touch of sadness. What had seemed to be a more so shocked expression, soon turned to a full blown angry. As I was trying to lower myself down the side of my house, I could see my father poorly attempt to make his way across my room to my window. I could see his eyes were very blood shot red and watery from all the drinking he had been doing all day long. 

I hurried and jumped down, the side of my house, picking up my duffel bag and backpack, running towards the woods that was behind my house. I didn't really have much of a plan but I knew the first thing I needed to do was get as far away for him as I can. I continued to run until my legs and lungs couldn't handle it anymore. I looked around the forest, looking for somewhere I could lay my head to rest or the very least sit and eat. I turned my head to the right, noticing the large trees leaning over one another, almost perfectly creating an alter. I pulled my phone out from my back pocket, so I could check the time. 

3:47am

"Sh*t. I couldn't have possibly ran for, four hours. " I said out loud looking at my phone then laying my duffel bag and back pack on the floor. I leaned down and unzipped the duffel bag pulling out my blankets and pillow. Laying the first blanket down as I sat on it and put my favorite pillow on top of the blanket . Call me a wimp all you want but I cant sleep without it.I layed down after turning off my phone pulling the other blanket over me as I slowly drifted of to sleep after almost an hour of being paranoid of sleeping in the woods.

__________________

Hello this was short Sorry lol well I should update soon and I'll try and update more in my other stories whoops