chapter 1

It was just another day.  May 17th, I'm still wondering why I remember the date despite knowing that it deserved to be thrown out of my memory. But the date associated a big stack of memories that flashed back to my vision every year this day.  "Mommy, I need to pee", Amy yelled and broke my strand of thoughts. I had been telling her to wait since the past half an hour as I believed that was a part of her numerous excuses to sneak into McDonalds.   Amy, though just 6 years of age was just that very clever girl to take out for shopping. She would always try to make you take her to the ice cream parlor or the children's zone here at Rowland's.  "Urgh, Amy just hold on for a few minutes, see you'd look pretty in this pink t-shirt", I said as I tried to divert her attention for a moment.  "I HATE pink! "She yelled and crossed her legs in an awkward manner. Well that was an indication that she really needed a pee break.  And the very next moment we were out of Ella's kids wear, running down the escalators to the washroom. Amy was a very well behaved kid though and I knew that she would never ever die of embarrassment caused by peeing in her pants!   ''there it is'', she yelled a scream of relief as we entered McDonalds!  And as I had guessed it, she stood smiling; pointing to the new kid's happy meal introduced just a week back. The innocent smile on her face was enough for me to wipe off my anger and I handed her a 10$ bill.   The very next moment I was sitting at the chair next to the window mingling with my shopping bags,  And rethinking if I could've got a better deal.  The very next moment, something worse happened.  I rubbed my eyes again, pinched myself to no good, but that was not going to be any help.  It was him, jack Vincent.  I grabbed Amy's tiny hand tightly and stormed out the store. My hands were trembling while I held the keys of my car, and opened the door to let Amy in.   Amy was quiet. She didn't ask anything, and handed me a tissue to wipe off my sweat and tiny tears escaping my eyes slowly.  And while I tried to keep my eyes on the road while driving, my mind was constantly beaming with reminiscence.  Hell yes, May 17 was in.  I sped off.