chapter 3

Chapter 3 .

The rays hit my face hard and forced my eyes wide open , just to face the ceiling and an array of medicines aside my bed. 

"Police reported it was a murder", muttered Jane softly. There was a slight tear present in her eye and that was enough a replica of how close we had been. 

I was deeply scarred. 

I could not believe Jack being behind this. The look in his eyes had been devilish at the very instance we crossed looks. 

I started drowning deep into the past once again. 

May 17, 2000 ..... 

The day I felt like being crowned the queen of my city. All the sleepless nights , endless outgoings and chats were finally over. 

Jack and I were going to be together. 

I still remember that stunning black suit Jack wore. It only added to my anxiety of him being the prime stalking material for the other girls. But deep in the encore of my heart, I knew that he loved me so very much. 

Jack Vincent, a professional banker whom I met back in my college days in the canteen.  

He was a victim of me and my friends coffee pranks back then, and I still remember the look on his face when we spilled a complete mug on his linen white shirt. 

Yes that sheepish grin on his face could have taken anyone's breath away. Well one of them had to be me.  

Over years our love began brewing gradually, but just after our marriage, things changed. 

Jack was seeing someone else. 

And surprisingly, he was the one who admitted it.  

I couldn't believe when I heard that he was ....

"Tiffany, are you alright?", Yelled Jane and broke my world of reminiscence.  

I nodded. 

I was not alright. Nothing was alright. 

And the crumpled note that still rested in my pocket, could just add to my fears. 

I took the yellow paper out. It smelled of rust, as if it had been left somewhere in a rugged place since ages. 

And as I spread it open with my trembling hands, all I read was ...

"Tiffany, may god bless your daughter Amy. " 

My mind ran effortlessly, like a dismantled machine, destroying things recklessly. 

""WHERE'S AMY "", I yelled at the top of my voice! 

"Calm down, I left her back with Kelly " . They must be kept out of this I thought. 

I felt chills down my spine as I rushed out of the hospital, running barefoot like insane people out for a rampage. 

The very next moment, I was driving to Jane's house. 

And I could sense something wrong. 

Very wrong.