chapter 2

While I sped off the Roslyn Street my mind was constantly being bombarded with tones of questions, thumping the walls of my head hard.  

I decided to drop off Amy at Jane's place. Jane and I had been the closest of friends, just like sisters since ages. As I knocked the door I felt my heartbeat calming down. We were already more than five miles away from McDonalds. But I still wondered jack's presence. 

Not to my surprise, Jane asked no questions. 

The big wrinkles on my forehead were enough to alarm anyone of what had happened, and she was already one of those who people who understood me the best. 

Amy straight went in to play with Kelly's new set of Barbies, and Jane invited me to sit down for a cup of tea. 

I always enjoyed chit-chat sessions with Jane over tea, but again today was different and I had to regroup my thoughts and apprehensions. 

I thanked her politely for the offer and walked out straight to my car. 

The very next moment I was driving off to Barbarian Street, and I sure knew what to do next. 

I halted. 

'71-A, Miss Antony. 'Read the nameplate, half eaten by the fungi that have dwelled over it since times immemorial. I knew mom was too careless or too busy for these small things to handle. 

She already had her Art gallery to take care of, and she had raised it like a baby ever since. 

As a child I was never interested in painting. I was always eager to learn to write big letters despite my weak knowledge at the alphabet. Mom always found it a bit amusing yet interesting. 

She found it as my urge to grow up as quick as possible. 

I had walked up the stairs to the doorway, and as I took out my fist to knock the door, a gust of wind blew it open. 

The sound of screech already halted my breath for a moment, and what I saw the next moment had enough to make me fall to the ground with seeping tears. 

Mom laid flat on the ground, soaked in gallons of blood and a big sharp knife recklessly aside her. 

I was numb. I found myself unable to scream, I had lost my voice for that very moment. 

I went storming out and shut the door again, only to re enter the house. 

It wasn't worth. 

She was dead. 

And there was a two paged note hanging by for me. 

I found things spinning and everything turned black.