2: Girls Day

*present day*

*Taylor's POV*

I've been with Jack since before Penelope was 1. She's now almost 16 and I can't believe how much she's grown up. It's almost as if she's my own daughter. Today I'm going shopping with her best friend Skye so we can pick up some presets before Penelope's party. I have a whole 10,000 set aside to spend on her. Now I know what you're thinking, "Taylor 10,000 is too much to spend on your step-daughter even if it's for her sweet 16" but honestly it's not. I've got the money and she's my little princess so of course I'm going to spend it on her.

*Shopping with Skye*

"Do you think she wants these 10 pairs of vans, and those 10 pairs of converse or should I pick out a new selection?" I asked.

"She'll love anything you get her Tay, you're the one who got her almost half of what she owns now, without her even picking it out!!" said Skye.

"I know, but it's always nice to have a second opinion, after all you're basically her twin so you'd know her pretty well" I explained.

"Yeah that's true. I think she's love a few more longboards, a new penny board, a globe board, a few concert tickets, and more clothes. She always wants more clothes."

We spent the day gathering things Penelope would love, sent them to a place to be wrapped, and picked up Penelope.

*Penelope's POV*

Tay came and picked me up but it was sort of weird because she had Skylar with her without me even asking. I decided to just shrug it off and not ask questions. I was really hungry so I decided to ask whether we could get Chick-fil-A or not. The girls said they were going to take me to a steakhouse but since I wanted Chick-fil-A. Everyone's being all nice to me lately and treating me like I'm a queen or something. I'm not denying that I'm a queen, or saying I don't like the attention but it's out of the ordinary.

"Hey Tay! Why is everyone acting so different towards me lately?" I asked.

"I haven't recognized a difference. I always treat you like royalty because you're my little princess. You may not be my daughter by blood but it sure seems like it. You're the only kid I have since I can't get pregnant, so I've always just spoiled you." Tay stated.

"Yeah I know that's how you are and I love you so much along with being thankful for all that you do for me. But it's not you, it's dad, mom, Derrick, and everyone else, they're just being weird."

"I don't know honey, you'll have to bring it up with them"

"Yeah I guess I will then."

We pulled up to Chick-fil-A and I basically sprinted inside and shouted my order at Daniella. I was so hungry and the food couldn't come fast enough. Dani laughed at me as she punched in my order. She's my sister, only half though because it's mom and Shawn's kid. I love her so much and I don't know what I would do without her. Its nice having a little sister because she's like my human diary. She knows the deepest things about me as does Skye and they don't tell a soul. 5 minutes later my food finally came as well as Skye and Tay's. 

"GOD BLESS THIS FOOD BECAUSE MAN I AM STARVING!!" I said as I started shoveling food into my mouth.

"Geez Nelli, you might want to slow down or you're gonna choke. We all know you've got a big mouth but that doesn't mean you can just inhale your food." Skye said jokingly.

"SORRY MAN!! I haven't ate since dinner yesterday because I've been so busy with stuff for my party so I'm really hungry." I said as I sighed.

We left Chick-fil-A and decided to take a walk on the beach and return home. You know, turning sixteen is super stressful, especially when you're parents are famous which makes you fall into their spotlight. I'm having a huge party at Santa Monica Pier and I want it to be perfect. Sometimes I wish I was a normal kid, but then I remember if I was normal then I wouldn't be who I am today.

A/N: Sorry if this is bad writing, this is my first fanfiction.