One

Text Copyright © 2016 Dream2Reality

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed below.

KaezoTheDon@iCloud.com

Now that that's out the way, enjoy the story!

Reyna

"Rey,"

"What Chanel?!" I sort of yelled towards the phone as I scanned through my shoe closet.

"I have something to tell you!" Chanel sang into the phone.

I rolled my eyes and picked my phone up from the floor, taking it off speaker in the process.

"Oh gosh. Before whatever you're about to say, what color shoes should I wear today?" I asked still scanning my shoe closet.

My motto is always that a girl can never have enough shoes. I go so hard for that until I actually have to get dressed and pick out my shoes for the day. Hardest process ever.

"Umm, are you still wearing the dress you just sent me a picture of?" My best friend Chanel asked through the phone.

I looked down at myself observing my outfit.

"I am."

"Ooo then wear those pretty wedges you got from that little store on Saturday." She suggested.

I nodded going towards the side of my closet where my newer shoes are.

"Okay thanks. Now what did you have to tell me?" I asked taking the shoes out the box.

"Oh yeah! Okay so guess what?" Chanel said sounding very excited.

I laughed. "I gotta be to work in about 30 minutes. I have no time to guess whatever crazy thing you have to tell me."   

Chanel laughed. "Okay fair enough. So who's your favorite most bestest friend ever?"

"Nel you're my only friend now get to the point." I said examining the wedges. They were a good call.

"Exactly! Well anyways so remember that guy I was telling you about?" She asked.

I made a confused face. "Not really."

"Come on! The cute one that drives the nice BMW?" She tried.

"Not ringing a bell." I confessed. "What about the guy though?"

"To make a long story short I set you guys up on a little date tonight! Yay! He saw a picture of you and said you were sexy."

Okay, am I the only one who doesn't necessarily take "sexy" as a compliment. I mean like think about it. It has the word "sex" in it which makes the intentions very clear.

"Chanel, really?" I groaned.

"Yes really, Reyna." Here comes the lecture. "You're damn near 30 years old and you still don't have a man!"