Eight

Reyna, Chanel, Zaire, Zion, & D'Angelo in mm. You're gonna meet the others this chapter.

The top three commenters get a shout out next chapter!!

Reyna

As soon as I got home I got in the shower.

There's nothing like a cold shower when it comes to relieving stress. They're not for everyone but they're definitely for me.

Once I got out of the shower I crawled into bed and watched old episodes of How to Get Away With Murder on Netflix.

Kendrick kept calling my phone but I kept ignoring. I really didn't want to be bothered with him right now.

After that whole awkward confrontation in my classroom with D'Angelo and Zaire he just left. He didn't even explain anything to me.

I got out of bed to go close the curtains seeing that the sun was still up.

It was only 4:30 but I was done for the day.

My phone rang again but this time it wasn't Kendrick, it was my mom.

I was skeptical about answering, but I did anyway.

Instead of saying anything I just answered and waited for her to speak.

"Hello? Reyna?" My mom said.

"Hi." Mind you we haven't spoken for like 2 months now.

"We're having a birthday dinner for your sister. I'm sure she'd want you there."

"I'm sure she wouldn't, nor would I want to be there."

Mom sighed. "Stop being so damn stubborn! It's this Saturday at the house. She--"

I hung up. She said this Saturday as if it wasn't tomorrow.

"Not today Satan." I mumbled to myself.

I tried to go back to watching my show but too much was on my mind.

I picked up my phone and dialed Chanel's number.

"Hey, can I come over?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything."

I hung up then headed over to Chanel's Buckhead apartment.

D'Angelo

"Why was he even there dad?" Zaire asked me from the passenger seat.

We had just stopped to get some food now I was taking them back to their mother's house. Or should I say the house I pay for that she plays house with her boyfriends in? We're not gonna get into that though.

"I don't know Zaire. I think he's just a friend of Reyna's-- or Ms. Tifton." I said while driving.

"I don't get it though." Zaire said sounding frustrated. "She's so cool, I don't see why she'd have a loser like that as a friend."

I glanced over at him. "You like her, Zy?" (Z•hi)

Zaire nodded. "Yea. When Z told me to come to her classroom I didn't think I'd be too into it, but when she started helping me and didn't judge me I was feelin it."