Part 7

So, I'm slowly getting away from the journal entries and trying to make it like the action is happening right then. Let me know what you think about that!

Part Seven:

"Jesus, stop being a baby. It's mostly superficial," the Vet said.

I scoffed. "Superficial my ass, that beast took a chunk out of me, and it hurts. Can't you give me something?"

He shook his head. "You gotta be kidding me. You have the pain tolerance of a two year old!"

"Damn straight, now hand over some drugs before I die."

"You aren't going to die; you barely even need a stitch."

"But I need them all the same," I argued. "I don't like stitches." I pouted. "And hey, I should get something for lettin' you see my goodies."

He snorted and rolled his eyes. "You barely have any goodies."

I lifted myself onto my elbows and scowled at him. "It isn't polite to insinuate a woman is flat chested. I'm perfectly happy with my B-cups."

"Okay, that's it. Get off my table!" he demanded, his face slightly red with anger.

Since I made him angry and was being highly irritating, I gave him a pretty pout, one that my mother and father could never resist. "Hey, don't get huffy. I'm the vic here. I really do feel like I'm dying. I'm sorry I'm such a pain. My pain tolerance is very low, but since everyone here seems to be all magical why can't you just jiggle your hands and make it go away?"

He lifted an eyebrow. "I beg your pardon?"

"You know, abracadabra and poof gone with the tiger flayed skin."

He rolled his eyes. "There is no flaying. It's a kitten scratch."

I nodded, "...from a tiger, meaning it's freakin' huge! Have you ever been shish kabob'ed with tiger claws? It's not pleasant."

He spluttered. "Wh-what shish kabob? There's nothing!" he cried out helplessly.

"It's this food that's speared with a rod and you..."

He held a hand up, his eyes wide with warning. I realized then that he knew what a shish kabob was and that perhaps it was time for me to be silent. I watched as he took a deep breath before turning away.

"I clear a room out in record time, don't I boy?" I mumbled to the panther that had been sitting eerily in a corner with green eyes flashing occasionally. "One of my talents, I suppose. Though sometimes I wish it weren't," I paused, giving the panther a suggestive smile. "Do you wanna snuggle?"

I patted the seat next to me and watched the panther cock his head to the side. It was too cute. I almost squealed from it as I beckoned him to come closer. The panther's shoulders rose at it seemed to take a deep breath before sauntering over to me and plopping down beside me, sitting on his hiney like a soldier protecting the queen.

I reached forward and patted him on the head. "My favorite parts on a cat are the ears. I hope you don't mind," I mumbled before capturing the pointed fuzzy and stroking it. The deep purring that started let me know he didn't mind.

"I don't know why Savitar brought you here and not to a human doctor. I don't have time for this," the Vet growled as he came back in with a paper cup of water and a pain pill. When he handed it to me I promptly popped the white pill to the back of my throat and guzzled the much needed water down my parched throat, cringing slightly as it burned.

"It's not like I'll be here forever. I plan on taking SK home and getting him a big juicy—"

"What the hell is SK?" the Vet cut me off.