Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning with the feeling of relief, but I felt like I was forgetting something important that happened yesterday. I didn't really think too much about it though, but only because I've had these moments since I was little. My parents took me to a bunch of doctors and therapists because of my memory loss, but they said nothing was wrong. I guess it'll go away when I'm older, but just because they say I'm fine doesn't mean that I'd remember all my lost memories in one day. Even though I wish it would happen that way.

My health was acting up on me too, and I felt way too groggy to come to school so I decided to get up and scrounge for food in my fridge. I was just about to grab the handle when I saw a crumpled piece of lined paper in the waste bin.

I flattened it out and the note seemed so familiar, but I couldn't recall where I've seen it. Smudged pencil led was at the bottom, but I could only see two little letters; ch. Even if I didn't know who gave me this letter I still thought it was one of the sweetest things I've ever gotten in my life. I smiled to myself and pinned it on the fridge while I got the milk out for my cereal.

Bloody teardrops ran down the poor woman's face. She was bruised and cut. Wild eyes that spoke of abuse and how terrified she was, but she wouldn't show it. Instead she showed maniacal expressions that made you believe that she wanted to cut your intestines out. Only one problem though, she really did. Her knife was at my throat in an instant. She had such a high pitched screams. She was so familiar to me, but it wasn't the time to wonder if I knew her or not. Her red lips brushed against my cheek as she whispered, your heart is mine to crush. I'll crush it and let it bleed out in my hand, but slowly so I can hear your last screams! The high pitched laugh rang out through the halls of my house. I saw a tattoo on her wrist. Pitch black ink highlighted across her pale skin. It showed 3X6 with a black cross right under. She scratched my neck with her long scrawny white fingers. The blood wouldn't stop coming out. I kept screaming help! No one heard me. Why won't anyone hear me? I kept screeching to please make it stop!

There's a loud knock at my door. I woke up in my sweat and looked at my clock that states its 9:55. I ran to my door and saw him. Memories don't fail me now. What was his name? Zach!

"Lauren umm here's your classwork for the week."

"I only missed today How do you know where I live?"

"You were gone for a week, and we're neighbors remember? Oh don't tell me chick gone crazy is this week's theme!" He made me seem so stupid.

"What are you talking about? I've only missed today! I'm sure of it. That woman was trying to kill me yesterday in the bathroom. Then today she came! Only one day passed you idiot! I'm pretty sure!"

"What the hell did you just say?"

"What?" Before I could comprehend everything I just said to him it was too late. I just told him about the woman I've seen many times, but always forgot. I just told him how crazy I really am."

"Why are there scratch marks around your neck? I couldn't understand the look on his face. He looked so angry. He grabbed my neck and pressed it as I shrieked in pain. When he pulled back, there was tons of blood dripping off his olive skin. We stood there for a moment in silence.

"Okay so you're going emo too. You should clean that up." Then he walked away into the darkness.

I closed the door and fell to my knees. I kept grabbing at my neck. No! No! No! No! No! The blood spilled willingly, and in the distance I can hear the high pitched laughter. My eyesight blurred and the darkness enveloped me.

********************

My clock screamed at me even though I'm sure I didn't set it. Oh my god His eyes are red. Why is he in my room? Why the heck is that thing in my room! His teeth glimmered in the light of the moon. His claws, oh gosh, his claws went down to his knees! Why the heck is it me! Why do they keep coming for me! Then white surrounded me.