The Basi Mansion

Okay, my friend was reading my new story and had a question on how to pronounce "Basi," so I thought I'd just make it clear before hand. It's pronouced Bass (like the fish :D)- ee (like see). Just to verify that. I hate when people mispronounce my names, even if it's only in their heads. Anyways, enjoy!

For ten years, I've worked for Mr. and Mrs. Basi. I know everything there is to know about them. Or so I thought.

Mr. Basi is British, while his wife his American. He is tall with dark hair and olive skin, while she is very petitie with blonde hair and pale skin. They're like day and night. He's a doctor, she's a wedding planner. They live in a huge mansion in a red wood forest in California, . They've been married twenty-three years and have no children.

I know their schedules, their hobbies, their preferenses. I know Mr. Basi takes his coffee at exactly six in the morning, an hour before he leaves for work, so he has time to read the morning paper while he drinks it. Mrs. Basi can't stand coffee and instead has a nice fruit smoothie with a few spinich leaves thrown in.

Yeah, I know. Gross.

The one thing I don't know is where Mr. Basi disappeears to every day at exactly five o'clock, right after he gets home from work. For all I know, he's off exploring the house.

It's freaking HUGE.

I love their house, but spend most of my freetime in the gardens. The fresh air, the flowers, the giant fountain with the handsome angel in the center. I adore that fountain. It's beautifully carved and was made by a close friend of Mr. Basi.

The angel stand, wings half folded, looking over his shoulder. The artist was very skilled- according to Mr. Basi, it's the last thing he ever carved, as he died soon afterward. The angel looks very real. His eyes are sad. There are manacles on his wrists and ankles, and he gazes longing at the sky, as if he wishes to join the birds. His faces expresses the exact emotions I often feel. A need to loose my bonds and break free.

A need to fly.

pic on the side is emma watson a.k.a. Skyler, because she just seems to fit the part in my mind. She feels like a good Skyler. so, yeah!