promises

Your sister was dying you knew and, she knew it. There was no escaping from it. You looked at the bite on her leg and tears started rolling down your face. You looked back up at Kat's face it was pale and sweaty the fever had already taken a hold.

"Take good care of Jessica for me ok , she asked You looked over at your 5-month-old niece in her make shift bed. " Laura please " Kat said and started coughing hard you took her hand and nodded " I will I promise. I love you sis " you said "please look for other people. We can't make it without other people these days "Kat said weakly. You nodded as she closed her eyes. "Tell my baby I will always love her " she whispered and then she was gone.

You sobbed into your hands at the loss of your sister and your best friend and your only family in this screwed up world. After a few minutes, you knew what had to be done. You pulled your knife from your side and look at your sister and then the knife. You took a deep breath "Goodbye Kat " you said as you slid the knife into the back of her head.

------2 months later ----

You sat up in your tent and rubbed at your tired eyes. You wish you 'd stop dreaming of that day Kat had died. You looked down at the child next to you she was sleeping soundly thank goodness. You heard movement outside the tent but figure the brothers were up.

They never slept in. You had only been alone for a couple weeks when you had run into Daryl and his brother Merle. Both a little rough around the edges but nothing that you were not used to but they were very good at hunting and handling walkers. So, you took their offer to join them and eventually all you found yourself a part of a larger group and Currently you were all at an old farm. Where an older man and his daughter are letting, us stay for a while to rest.

We had been on the road for a long time. You climbed out of your tent and stretched figuring you would not be sleeping anymore. "Morning sugar can't sleep?" Merle asked from his spot leaning up against a tree. " Not really " you said looking around. Everyone else seems to be stirring Daryl and merle had set up you tents a little future away just because they weren't always comfortable with the group and you could tell some of the group wasn't comfortable with them but you did not know why. Both men were rough and can be rude, but they were basically good men.

"Where Daryl?" you asked looking for the younger Dixon brother for some reason you automatically look for him no matter where you went. "He went out hunting " Merle replied. " O.K. " you hope you sounded casual about it. But it must haven't worked because Merle Just Smirk " why don't you tell him " he said "what you asked "That you like him " he said. You rolled your eyes "you been drinking again? "You said ignoring the way your heart accelerated up. " Nope just speaking the truth " Merle said.

Suddenly you heard movement in the tent and you duck inside to see Jessica sitting up wobbly she had just learned how to do that." Hey baby girl you pick her up and brought her up outside " I guess I will go get her fed and change " you said. Merle nodded but then he became serious "tell me or Daryl if you have trouble with him today " said. You nodded " I will " you said as you walked back towards the main group

He didn't have to say who he was speaking about. You already knew. The moment you had arrived in the group you had gained the unwanted attention of member. Andrew from the moment you had met him he had tried to get you in his bed. No matter how many times you said you were not interested he wouldn't take no for answer. So, you were relieved when you did not see him around the camp when you walked up.

" Morning guys" you said cheerfully. Everyone else had welcome you in with welcome arms. " Hey Laura did you sleep well?" Lori asked Lori was Rick's wife Rick was the leader of the group they had a 12-year-old son name Carl. " Yeah thank you " you said " How little one doing?" Carol came up to you rubbing a finger against Jessica check making her laugh. She was a people person already.

" You smiled "Hungry " you replied. " Let me feed her while you eat " Carol offered " I have already eaten " " oh thank you but you don't have to." I do. It has been so long since my Sophia was that this little I would love the chance to hold a little one again" Carol said you smile handed Jessica over who went willingly. "Here Laura " Andrea a beautiful blond handed you a plate before sitting down next to her sister Amy. "Thank you " you said sitting your plate. "Where is everybody else?" you asked " Rick and Glenn went out checking the traps and T-dog and Dale went to the well to fetch more water, " Lori replied helping Carl get more food on his plate.

" Are those two going to eat?" she asked as she motion over to the Dixon brothers. You sigh. "Daryl went hunting this morning I am sure that they will come when they are hungry " you replied. "Why do you stay with them " Amy asked "I mean they don't seem like the nicest men in the world. " She said. You sigh. They are rough but they are loyal and they are decent if you give them a chance.

They save me and Jessica " you said and everyone was quiet. You looked over your shoulder and noticed Daryl was back and he and merle were headed this way your heart started racing hard. But just as fast it was racing it slam in the pit of your stomach as sat down beside you and you met the brown eye gazed of Andrew.

AN/ Hey guys so here is another story hope you like this. It not going follow the storyline of the show.. Most of the characters are going to be part of it but they are going to introduce in different ways. So please vote and comment on anything you like. I love the feedback. !!! And please read my other stories, FOUND, FINDING YOU,AND UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS