Luke And Taylor Talk and Taylor Prays For Guidance

The rest of the day went by really fast for Luke. Taylor on the other hand, she thought the clock couldn't move any slower. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to pray. She knew she could pray at school, but she liked to pray in her room. That is where she felt closest to God.

When the final bell rang, Taylor couldn't get out of the school fast enough. She was just leaving her locker to go to the parking lot, where her car was, when Luke called out to her.

"Taylor!!" He yelled.

Taylor turned around. "Yes Luke."

"What are you doing after school?" He asked.

"I'm going to go home and do homework and chores. Why?" She questioned.

"I was just thinking maybe we could work on our project tonight." He said defensively.

"Oh. When's it due?"

"Next week I think." He said honestly.

"Okay. So today is Monday. And it's due next week. How about we work on it Tuesday? And we can see how far we get."

"Okay. That sounds good to me."

"Is he gonna give us any work time in class or is it all on our own?" Taylor asked.

"The only work day we will have was today. So everything else will have to be done on our own."

"Of course." Taylor said, rolling her eyes. "Well, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow Luke."

"Yeah okay. Bye Taylor." Luke said as Taylor walked away.

He couldn't help but wonder what was going through Taylor's mind. He had no idea.

*
*
When Taylor got home she went right to her room and knelt on the ground. She folded her hands and bowed her head as she closed her eyes.

"Oh God. Today has been a struggle. No one has ever seen me break down before. No one knows I even break down except for Mrs. Pauly. And the only reason she knows is because she saw me break down in the practice room one day."

"I don't know what to do God. Should I trust Luke? How do I know he won't hurt me? What if he doesn't understand what I'm going through? What if he is pretending? I can't handle that."

"I'm asking for your guidance God. Help to lead me on the right path. Help me to see if Luke is someone I need to keep close to me."

"I love you God and I hope that you hear my prayer and answer it. Amen"

After Taylor prays she feels happy and calm, things she hasn't felt in a long time. She knows God heard her prayer. Now there was only one question left. Would God answer her prayer?