Fine on my own.

Today was Carl's and I one year anniversary.

I got up out of bed and changed into an oversized T-shirt and a pair of shorts. I paired the outfit with my favorite shoes. My combat boots.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair and put it into 2 French braids.

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I actually liked the way I looked. Not many girls can say that.

I put on ChapStick I found on a run yesterday and clipped my holster belt around my waist.

I left my room and didn't bother to eat breakfast. I searched around for Carl just in case he came home early from the run.

Unfortunately, he wasn't. But I went under the kitchen sink to grab his present.

I hid it because Carl could find it easily. So on to what I got him.

First, I got him stale m & m's. I also got him about 3 new comic books.

Last, I got him a ring. This is just not a ring. It was my fathers wedding ring.

No. I am not proposing. But, I am giving him a promise ring not a wedding ring.

I hear the gates open so I throw everything back under the sink and run outside.

The sun blinded me but I quickly adjusted.

I blinked a few times to see my boy with his sheriff hat come out the car.

Something follows him a...girl....

I walk up with furrowed eyebrows towards the 2 other teenagers.

The strange girl had beach blonde hair with piercing green eyes. She was beautiful even though she was covered in filth.

She was skinny and immediately made me feel insecure.

"Hey y/n." Carl says hugging me and planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Hey babe," I dial my voice to a whisper, "who's that?" I ask motioning towards the strange girl.

"Oh. This is Britney. Britney this is y/n." Carl introduces us.

"I'm Carl's friend." She glares.

"I'm Carl's girlfriend." I snap back. I feel a hand slither to my low back.

"Hey Carl care to show me around for today?" Britney asks obviously trying to get me jealous.

"Yeah. Of course!" Carl replies happily.

Bitch, what the fuck!?!? Did he fucking forget the fact that today is a very important day!?!? Ugh...

I send a death glare at Britney. She sends back a smirk.

My palm meets the end of my gun, but I relax and just walk away.

I didn't hear Carl run after me or anything.

Damn asshole.

I walk back to my house and lay on my couch. I let out a deep huff.

I just down understand... Did he forget its our anniversary?

He hurt my feelings. I should've known that I wasn't the only girl he'll call beautiful.
A single tear slips down my cheek. I turn around and face the couch, blocking my view from the world.