One

The bright light shown through the paneled glass window, the lace curtains barely blocking the sun from shining onto Todick's eyes.

He swept the dirt that had collected onto the brick colored, maple wood flooring, gathering the dust into a pile.

He heard a loud but delicate knock on the spice brown French doors. Milliseconds later, Todrick's step mother, Victoria, shouted from upstairs in the master bedroom. "Toddy, get the door!"

"I apologize, I'm right on it!" He called back. He hurriedly ran to the door and opened it but no one was there but there was something there.

It was a white envolope as he flipped it around he saw a bright red, wax seal. He gasped, it was the Crest of the castle.

Victoria and his step sisters, Drizella and Anastasia creep behind Todrick so silently he didn't know they were there.

Todrick opened the envelope, it read,

Greetings From The Castle, He read out loud.

We are writing to you in regards to our son, Prince Charming, we decided to throw a grand ball for him tonight, to find his love and marry them.

(All maidens are welcome!)

Sincerely, King Midas

"A ball!" Shrieked Drizella directly into Todrick's ear as she pulled the letter out of his hands nearly ripping it.

"It is a ball!" Anastasia stole the letter from her sister to get a better look at it.

"May I go step mother?" Todrick asked.

"No,"