May 2011

"Hi..." I say stepping into the blank room.

Of course, there is no response. There hasn't been one in a month.

I approach the bed and sit in my usual chair. I usually bring flowers but this time it's different.

I pull a book out of my bag and smile faintly. "This was your favorite book, right?"

No response.

I sit the book on the bedside table and actually look at her.

"Why?" I say looking at her more closely. My eyes fill with tears when I notice the bandages on her wrists. "Why didn't I notice?"

No response.

I wipe my eyes with the back of my sleeve. "They said it was drug overdose. Please tell me it wasn't. Please tell me you didn't do that Cassandra."

More silence.

"Louis, dear?" The nurse stepped in and looked at me sadly.

I hum in response, looking away.

"It's going to be okay, sweetheart." She said giving my shoulder a squeeze.

I shake my head. "No it's not."

She looked hesitant for a moment. "Don't tell the Doctor I told you this, but they are expecting her to wake from her coma soon."

"Really??" I say getting up.

She cringes slightly but I hardly notice through my excitement.

"Yep..." She says quietly before rushing out of the room.

"You hear that Cassie?!" I say looking at her once again. "You're gonna wake up!"

A/N: I don't know why i'm writing a new story but i'm stupid so why not.