Chapter 15

Bens POV;

"Ben. Girlfriend? Really?" My dad said as soon as the door closed.

"Yeah, I told mom." I said sheepishly, I knew he didn't like girls in our house.

"Umhm." He mumbled crossing his arms.

"Dad, she has nowhere to go, her whole fucking family is dead." I said clenching my jaw. He stared back at me.

"Ben." He said.

"Yeah?" I said.

"If you get that girl pregnant-" He started, meaning she could live with us.

"I promise." I rolling my eyes smiling.

Astrid POV;

What if his parents didn't like me. What if they find out about the 'almost' incident?

"Hey babe." Ben said walking into the cabin with his dad close behind.

"Astrid, I'm breaking up with you." He said and my eyes widened.

"Astrid, wake up!" Mason said bursting into my room. My eyes snapped shut. What just happened? It was a dream. All of it. The depression, the happiness, the thrill of it all, all a dream. Ben. He wasn't real. Just a figment of my imagination.

"Come on Astrid!" Mason said staring me. I jumped up and hugged him.

"Uh, okay?" He said hugging me back. I was glad that he was alive.

"The plane crashes." Said suddenly jumping back.

"What plane?" Mason said looking at me like I was insane. Maybe I was. Or maybe just maybe. It was all true. Or was going to be. Okay I definitely sounded insane. I didn't care. I couldn't risk losing my only family I had left.

"The one to Boston." I said my eyes widened.

"Astrid, we're not going. The weather for the flight is supposed to be horrible. But you still have to go to camp. Dad already payed for it. I pulled my big brother into a really tight hug. My small arms wrapped his large torso.

"Astrid are you okay?" Mason said looking down at me confused. My huge smile almost made me look the Cheshire Cat. I bet I looked like a crazy lady on crack.

"I'm fine, lets go." I said running to the car. The rest of the drive, hugging and I love you's were a blur. The dream stayed in my brain. Every detail, it was like it was tattooed to my brain in permanent marker. The next thing I knew it we were at the boot camp. It was exactly how it was in my dream. Down to every nano meter. The same general. The same cabin. No. This wasn't right. This all couldn't be like this. I shook the thought of her family dying far away as possible. My combat boots scuffed on the dirt road kicking up dust. A trail of dust and scuff marks followed me. I once again counted the cabins to 22. The closer she got the more I walked the more morphed from my dream. It was greener than it had been. I couldn't  hear the creek. I stopped. The eerie silence split the summer air.  I kept walking to the cabin. I walked right on to the small little porched and knocked. The door swung open. My favourite figment of my imagination, wasn't just a figment. Much less my imagination. He was real. Ben was real.