Chapter 1

"What?!" I exclaimed spitting my water.
"Astrid!" My 20 year bother shouted as the water from my mouth hit him.
"Your fucking sending me to boot camp?!" I yelled ignoring his complaining.
"I'm not. Dad is." He corrected me still looking pissed.
"Why?!" I said looking at the front door. When he gets home he has a hell of a lot of explaining to do.
"Because he and I are going to Boston for a year." He said and my eyes widened even more, if that was possible.
"A year?!" I shouted my jaw was already on the ground.
"Holy shit ass, calm down, boot camp isn't that bad." He chuckled rolling his eyes.

Isn't that bad huh?
That's why you came crying to mom because it was too hard.
Calm down Astrid, it can't be that bad.
Really?!

"Really?!" I practically screamed, holy shit where's dads gun I'm gonna blow both of there heads off.
"Astrid-" He started but I cut him off.
"This is bullshit!" I yelled and walked up to my room.

Great Astrid, just fucking wonderful boot camp.
I know right.
You shouldn't have throw a fit though.
Shut up.

I turned to my mirror, I stared at the dirty blonde haired girl with fair skin and a spray of freckles o nmy nose. My dirty blonde hair fell just below my shoulders. Personally my best feature is my eyes. Navy outline with pale blue inside with specks of green. The same as my moms eyes. She looked a lot like me. I couldn't stand looking at my reflection. I saw her. I quickly turned away. Her face was burned into my brain like a tattoo. My brain was now completely tattooed with her face. I shook my head trying to shake the tattoos off.
"Ass?" I heard my dad say knocking lightly on my half open door.
"Yeah?" I said snapping back to reality.
"You better get packing...." He trailed off.
"Oh yeah your sending me to hell, I forgot." I said grabbing the paper from his hand.
Lockwood boot camp equipment needed:
-undergarments
-socks
-combat boots
-t-shirts/tank tops/sweaters/long sleeve shirts
-bathroom equipment (feminine products will be at camp)
-pants (camp jumpsuits will be handed out and expected to be worn all day everyday. Expect for Sunday.)

Any other equipment wanted to be brought is allowed if they do not violate any of the rules below:
-no electronics
-no animals
-no make up
Wtf?
-no weapons (pocket knifes are a exception)
-no jewelry
-no poisons of any kind
-no extra blanket and/or pillows (stuffy are a exception)
-no food of any sort
-no liquids
-no kitchen products
-no framed pictures or wall mirrors
Oh bummer I was gonna bring my wall mirror.
-no drugs
-no objects bigger than yourself
-no bedding

Maximum of ten extra objects. Thank you for joining Lockwood boot camp,
Sincerely,
General Kingston
"What the fuck?" I said giving him a confused look.
"You can live without makeup of a year Astrid, you are beautiful without it, and plus I'm sure none of the guys there will care." He said giving me a wink.
"What?! I though it was a girl boot camp?!" (Btw Mason, my brother, went to a different boot camp.)
"Nope boys and girls." He said smirking.

Just lovely, all these strong guys are going to see me without make up.
Who cares? You have killer aim and your really fit.
Fit? I can run, that's all.
You can rugby tackle.
That's besides the point.
Which means you strong. Mentally and physically.

"Yay." I said monotone with a grim line replacing my permanent smile.
"It will be fine kiddo." He reassured me and patted me on the shoulder before he left the room.

Your dead.
Thanks, tips.
Anytime, now haul ass.

"Astrid! Get your ass out of bed!" I heard Mason say as hr slammed open my door.
"No!" I groaned and pushed my face into my pillow.
"Astrid we're already gonna be late!" He yelled.
"Fine I'll be ready in 10 minutes." I groaned and got up.
"No time! Get dressed we need to haul ass right now!" He yelled.
"It's to early for this shit." I moaned and looked in the mirror. My hair looks fine and I have no makeup under my eyes. I look fine.
"Hurry up!" Mason yelled as I slowly shuffled to my closet.
"Stop fucking yelling!" I yelled back as I pulled out a pair of high waisted shorts and a crop top.
"Get out." I said looking over at him he nods and leaves closing my door again. Mason and I are polar opposites. He has dark brown hair and chocolate eyes, he hates sushi, I love it, things like that. The only thing the same is that we play sports and like shooting guns. I changed in a total of a minute. My brush was in my bag anyway so grabbed my bag and my hoodie and hauled ass to the car.
"Took ya long enough!" Mason yelled as I got in the car.
"Stop yelling before I punch you." I said rubbing my temples not bothering with my seatbelt.
"Then next time hurry up!" He yelled.
"I swear Mason Clark Hiller I will snap your neck." I threatened my eyes hard and cold as we speed out of the drive way.
"I dare you!" He yelled smirking at me.
"Mason! Leave your sister alone or I will let her punch you." My dad said in a tired voice.
"She won't do it." Mason smirked at me, oh he knew I would if dad wasn't here, and I can throw a hell of a punch.
"Wanna bet?" I said balling my hand into a fist.
"Hey! Both of you!" My dad said, he sounded tired and annoyed.
"Come on you guys, this is our last time as a family for a year so can we all just get along?" My dad said giving me a hopeless look in mirror. I nodded and smiled weakly.
Great, Lockwood boot camp here comes Astrid Hiller.