渚 (Nagisa)

My name is Nagisa Shiota, I am fifteen years old, and this is my part of the story.

It all starts with the basics: the Rules of the Community.

Rule One: You will not tell your Mate directly who you are.

Rule Two: You cannot get a tattoo, unless both Mates consent to it.

Rule Three: Mates are to announce they found each other as soon as it happens.

Rule Four: You cannot reject your Mate, no matter who they are.

And well the list goes on, but that isn't very relevant at the moment. What's really relevant is where the Hell I left my Pens and Markers. I received them at the Ceremony, I couldn't have lost them already. I don't want to have to show up to the Headmaster and ask for more Pens or Markers, that's just embarrassing.

My mom won't like the fact that it's my first day in my third year at Kunugigaoka Junior High, and I've already lost my given set.

I guess I can just take one of Kayano's and borrow it for the day... Actually that probably a bad idea.

"Nagisa~!" My mom yelled from downstairs, "The morning meal has been delivered, please come down to the first floor to eat something before your classes!"

"Okay mom! I'll be down there in a few!" I replied in a cheery tone, although I was actually dying inside from how I lost the set.

I let out a sigh as I could already imagine the lucky ones in my class bragging about having discovered who their Mates were.

I haven't found my Mate yet, but I just know I'll find them soon! I've been waiting to find them my whole life! I wonder what they'll be like. Maybe short and cute? Or even tall and handsome?

My own thoughts flustered me enough for me to snap myself out of them and fan my face. "Nagisa you idiot, you'll be late if you don't hurry to eat!" I sighed and ran downstairs.

Mom always asked how I felt about the upcoming day, and I always replied after sharing my thoughts and opinions with her. She was always mentioning my Mate whenever she could casually bring it into the conversation, which was never.

After breakfast I got up, thanked my mom, brushed my teeth, and ran out the door to school. It was quite the exercise if I do admit myself, but that's when I looked up and saw the actual Building...

It looked so creepy and old, I swore I thought there were people in there (Maybe even ghosts). I spun around to search for the location until I heard someone call out to me. "Shiota-Kun! Class is this way!" It was Kayano.

I sighed and walked back until I was inside of the classroom with the other students that would become my classmates for the next year or so. All I've got to say, is that the sadistic-looking red head in the back kept his gaze on me, as did mine with him.