悠馬 (Yuuma)

My name is Yuuma Isogai, I am fifteen years old. This is my part of the story.

I woke up, got ready for school, and made sure my mom's health wasn't too bad before I left for school. My siblings were being dropped off by my best friend (who happens to be my Mate)'s mother.

I was walking to the old and rundown classroom building when I felt a familiar hand grab ahold of mine. "Hiroto! Is that you?" I asked, assuming it was my Mate who had grabbed my hand.

"Nope it's not Hiroto!" He disguised his voice into a deeper one as he placed his hands over my eyes. "Guess who~?"

"Hiroto I'll die if we get to class late, stop messing around, you silly goose." I scolded him lightly.

"Aww, but you owe my some Bonding Time after class today, alright?" He asked since he loved the Bonding times we had to go through whenever we had found our Mates.

"That sounds like fun," I agreed as he moved his hands down and held my right one in his left. We grew closer to the building whilst we talked about where we should go to after school.

"Do you reckon Nagisa's found his Mate yet?" Maehara asked me out of nowhere.

Nagisa was a feminine-looking petite boy who we had grown fond of since we had met him last year. He told us once that when he found his Mate, he'd be the happiest person ever to have existed. Sadly, he hadn't found his Mate yet, and that often put his mood down whenever he saw other Pairs together.

"I don't know if he has yet, but we have many years before we are Retired, so I know he'll be happy with a Mate someday. I hope he isn't a Double, or a Less..."

The Doubles were the people who didnt have one Mate, they had two instead.

Being a Double was seen as a bad thing through the Community, because you had to end up choosing one of your Mates and leaving the other one to be a Less. Rumor had it, our Group had two Doubles in it; I really hoped Nagisa wasn't one of them.

We entered the classroom, hands still clasped together as everyone turned to smile at us. "Hey Isogai-kun and Maehara-kun!" Yuzuki Fuwa greeted us cheerfully along with Hinano Kurahashi.

"Hey guys!" We greeted back and went to our respective seats: the two desks at the front, in the middle, and right next to each other.

I saw Nagisa sitting at his desk, glancing around and minding his own business.

'Just like he always does,' I thought to myself as our gazes met, and I sent him a warm smile and wave. He smiled and waved back before going back to fumbling around in his bag to look for something.

I wondered if he had already lost his Set, that wouldn't be very good for him. I remember the day that I found out that Hiroto is my Mate.

{I was going to get some bread for my siblings to enjoy their curry with when I saw my best friend, Hiroto Maehara. He approached me and wrapped his arms around me to envelop me in a hug.

"Hey, Yuuma!" He said happily as he separated and took one step back.

"Hi, Hiroto! What brings you out here?"

"Nothing much, my mom had actually sent me out for milk. What about you?"

"Well, I'm on my way to the Room for some more bread."

"Let's walk to the Room together."

"That sounds nice."}

My memory was interrupted by the Instructor walking in.

The class fell silent, everyone letting out soft sighs and sounds of admiration for her. She look kind, Aguri Yukimura did.

Her kindness could be seen in the way she walked and smiled, so peaceful and gentle. Her first words still ring in my ears 'til this very day:

"Welcome to Class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High! My name is Aguri Yukimura, nice to meet you all! I hope we'll have a wonderful year together!"

But we ended up with a decent first two weeks, when suddenly she didn't come back to teach us.

We all thought that she'd given up on how helpless we seemed, but that wasn't the case. She had died, and that was the end of her teaching us, or anyone else...

Ever.

Enter our new Instructor who looked like an octopus: Korosensei.

He turned out to be a creature who had apparently done something bad in his past, but he was sent to us to teach us good things. It sounded confusing enough already, but telling us to kill him?! That worried me the most!

I glanced over at Hiroto, who's face looked about as confused and nervous about all of this just like mine probably did, and gave him a reassuring smile. "It'll be okay, Hiro." I mouthed, and it was enough to visibly calm him down.

"I will be your new teacher." The thing said and wiggled around its... tentacles?

No one really wanted to get near him, no matter how friendly he looked. He asked us what we wanted to be called, so I just stuck with the regular "Isogai-kun" and left it at that. I remember Nagisa asking if he could speak to him in the hall, but we didn't find out why until an exact year later.

Anyways we ended up calling him Korosensei, a name given to him by Kaede Kayano. Her name seemed familiar to me, but I just couldn't put a pin on it...

I didn't find out why I could recognize the name until some months later.

But that part of the story is currently irrelevant to why it must be told in order.

There wasn't much to say about Aguri Yukimura. She was young, beautiful, charming, humorous, albeit stern, and she had an awful fashion sense.

"But that was only part of her charm..."

Anyways, we ended up learning that our new teacher could change from happy-go-lucky to pitch-black-angry in just half a second. That was something Nagisa probably never forgot his whole life, after all he was the main cause of Korosensei's first outrage over something we had done

Nagisa had walked up to the tentacled-octopus-like-sensei with an "Anti-Sensei-Tool" (The government refused to call them Weapons), when all of a sudden there was an explosion. Everyone thought that the Instructor had died, but it turns out that he had gone away in time to save both himself, and Nagisa.

That was when I first realized that this octopus would change us overall.

But maybe it was for the better...