A Surprise at the Gate

Erza's POV

So...I'm supposed to go to this creepy school with eerie noises and squeaks and bats and bugs and dark red spots stained on the carpets and rugs that I'm pretty sure is blood.

Can't wait.

So,I'm at this creepy tall,black gate that squeaks very loud when you open or close it and was about to go inside until I hear a faint noise in the distance.

"Who's there?"I say,turning quickly,but I see only tall,red-leaved trees.

Another faint move,like a swoop or a swipe.

"Who are you?Show yourself!"

Just then,coming from behind the trees,comes a man,not much older than me.He has raven-black hair,blood-red eyes,a black button-up shirt with a red tie and black pants with black shoes and a white ring on his middle finger that sparkles.He had a smile on his face that made me worry.

"Hello,"he says in a deep,mysterious voice.

"Um...hi?"I say,thinking whether or not to run or stay.

He tilts his head and looks at me as if studying me,and snickers.I don't like snickers coming from strangers.

"Are you new?"he asks me.

"Um...to the school?"I ask,pointing in the school's direction.

"Yeah."

"Um...yeah...?"

I was getting really nervous now,and somehow,I think that guy knew it.

"Well,I think I should get going,"I say,starting to head into the gate.But then the guy says,"Stop,"and I freeze and slowly turn back around.

Whoa.

The guy used to be a few feet away by the trees,and now he's about a pencil-long away from my face.

This guy's fast,I think.

He looks at me with his deep,red eyes,and they look like there almost glowing.Wait..no...they are glowing!I try to look away,but it's like I can't.A sensation-no,an urge keeps making me look into his eyes.I can't stop.

He smiles that smile that worries me again,and comes closer towards me.

I try to yell,"Stop!",but I can't.My mouth opens,but it wouldn't form the words I need.

He snickers again and comes closer.I can feel his warm breath against my face.When I inhale,I smell his weird,warm breath that I can't quite describe,like a mixture of wine and salt and metal.

As the guy becomes a inch away from my face,I think he's going to kiss me because he pulls me closer to him and lifts my chin to his,not that I have a choice,but then he says,"I want you to relaaaax....just relax.Let yourself go limp and close your eyes.Do you understand?"

I nod slowly,even though I don't want to.In my head I'm screaming,NO!NO!LET ME GO YOU CRAZY WEIRDO!!!!!

Then,I do as he says.I let out a long breath and go limp like a rag doll and think I'm going to hit the hard cement any second now,but the blow doesn't come.The guy is actually holding me almost,not off the ground but just tilted to one side a bit.

I manage to moan as the guy lifts my chin up again.I want to see what he's doing but my head won't turn to him as he lowers his head to my neck.Against my will,I close my eyes,but before my body goes numb,I feel a little pinch,like a nail pinching my neck or a small,short stubby knife jutting my neck.But for some strange reason,when I close my eyes,I don't see the black your supposed to see when you close your eyes.I see blood-red.