A Life Saver and her True Form

Kiel's POV

I was walking through the forest with blood-red leaved trees.Sometimes a dark-red liquid would drop from the sky.I'm pretty sure that's blood. Anyway,I was traveling through the forest because I am going to a school for monsters.There was another way to go,but I go this way because I don't want to be seen.Well,I just don't want to get caught up by a monster, especially vampires.There the worst.They suck your blood for crying out loud.And yes,there are others,but I hate vampires the most.I don't even like nice ones.I'll slay them to.

Anyway,up ahead,I see the tall gate to the school.I step out of the forest only to see a man with raven-black hair and all-black on hugging someone...a women.I can't see all of her because the man is in front of her,but I can see the women's scarlet hair and school uniform-wait-that women looks familiar...wait...I know her!It's Erza Crossfire! And now that I look closely,she's letting the guy kiss her...um..neck...wait-he's not kissing her neck,he's sucking her blood! I can see the blood dripping down Erza's neck!

"Hey!"I yell,pulling my sword out.

The man turns to me and I can see the man and Erza more clearly.The guy has blood-red eyes and sharp fangs that he pulls out of Erza's neck when he sees me.Blood stains Ezra's neck and uniform.Her eyes are closed,but she doesn't look dead.Not yet.

The man stares at me in surprise for a moment,then smiles.

"Can I help you?"the man says.

"Yeah,you can leave that girl alone!"

"Who?Her?"the guy says,gesturing towards Erza.

"Yes.Her."I say through gritted teeth.

"Well,come and get her."the guy says,smiling.

Then I run with my sword,charging towards the guy.I was close to his chest and I was going to strike...but then he's gone.I look around.

"Hello,"says a voice behind me.

I turn around,but no one is behind me.When I turn back around,there's the guy,right in front of my face.I try to slash him with my sword,but I miss.Doesn't matter,because the guy would have dodged anyway.

Man,this guy's fast.He made a cut on my arm,barley moving.

After fighting for a while,I drop to my knees,exhausted,blood all over me.

"Give up now?"the guy asks,still holding Erza.

"No..."

Behind the guy is my boomerang sword,coming straight towards his head.The guy puts his hand behind his head and stops the sword.He looks at the sword and says,"This was your plan?",and begins to laugh.

"No,that's not all..."

The guy gives me a curious look just as another sword charges at his head.He didn't dodge that one.

"Ah!"he screams,and drops Erza.Then he drops to his knees himself,shaking,trying to pull the sword out of his brain.

"Erza!"I scream,kicking the vampire guy and running to Erza.

Her eyes are still closed,but she's shaking.

She opens her eyes.Her usual blue green eyes are now faded and dark,and they don't open all the way.

"Kiel..."she says in a weak,faint,quiet voice.

"Erza!Its...its going to be OK,"I say.

I keep saying it until I realize I'm trying to convince myself.

"Kiel..."she says again.

"Your going to be OK,"I say again,dabbing at the blood spilling out of two slits made by the vampires fangs in her neck that was making a small red puddle around her.

"Kiel...I need you to do something for me..."she croaks.

I hold her hand.

She puts her free hand over her cross necklace,hanging around her neck by a black leather choker.The cross itself is a light silver with a blood-red charm in its center.An eye was in the center of the charm.

"I need you to...pull this off of me..."

"But...what will that-"

"Do it."

I hear something behind me.I turn around,and the vampire guy is up again,the sword I used to stab his brain on the floor,bloody.

"Your going to die,"the vampire says to us."Both of you."

Erza pulls my hand to her cross,and I can hear her heart thumping.

"Do it."

Just as the vampire guy is about to strike and kill us,I pull Erza's cross from her neck.For a split second,nothing happens,but then there is a bright,red light that lights up the whole forest.

I cover my eyes and head with my hands as the vampire guy does the same.

I feel something.

It's ominous.

It's dark.

I look up.

It's monster energy.