Freak Week Chapter 7

Freak week chapter 7

"Well I'm pretty sure we've all accepted our true feelings and true selves, so you can come back to us now and we can finally put a stop to freak week!" Yells Marmie.

Banana uses the palms of her hands to push herself to her feet when Lester steps in front of her. "BANANA WILL ONLY SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN IF YOU AGREE TO MY PROPOSAL".

"And what would that be, Lester?" Crush says in an antagonizing tone, stepping out from the group.

"I CHALLENGE YOU ALL TO A RAP BATTLE, AND IF YOU WIN, YOU CAN HAVE BANANA BACK. IF YOU LOSE, YOU WON'T GET BANANA BACK AND LACE HAS TO GIVE HERSELF UP. I GUESS I COULD ALSO GIVE YOU THE MACHINE AND LET FREAK WEEK BE OVER BUT IT'S DEBATABLE AT THE MOMENT". Loudmouth screeches at the top of his voice, forgetting he doesn't have a speaker to help project it.

"DEAL" we all shout back in unison.

"Uh, I think I'll sit this one out, I'm lost for words as of now and that wouldn't be very helpful in a rap battle. Sorry people." Jim mumbles, sounding utterly disappointed in his unusually frequent larynx issues. 

"OH, AND I HAVE ONE MORE CONDITION TO EVERYONES FREEDOM. I WANT CRUSH AND BANANA ON MY TEAM. IF WE WIN, CRUSH GOES FREE, BUT IF WE LOSE, YOU GET BANANA BACK AND I KEEP CRUSH!"

We all freeze up with the realization that one of us won't be getting away. That is, if we don't find a way to win the battle and get Crush back as well.

***

LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE!!!

"Harry, drop a beat fo' me!" Marmie is first up in the rap battle.

"DNNCE DN DNNCE, DNNCE DN DNCCE" Harry starts off, letting his musical capabilities flourish.

"Ma name is Marmie, yo name is Loudmouth, I speak Azerbaijani while you in a language drought- I aint got time to make a rhyme, but unlike you I aint a piece of slime!"

"Well Marmie, your name's so rare it'd win a gra-hmmy, oh- and don't get me started on Harmie! You guys are nothing to despise, in mine or anybody else's eyes, please make a compromise so we can all stop bleeding from our eyes!!"

We all pause for a moment in sheer disbelief of Loudmouths ability to spit a good rhyme. Someone needs to break the awkward silence, so I leap forward and try to think of a good comeback.

"We know the drill, you win we spill, but that aint the case today in this space! If this was a race on who has the worst face you'd win, but that's not the case coz we in a chase and you aint wearin' any shoes! And when I say shoes, I mean runnin shoes coz u got the shoes that help you loose and you don't get to choose, because we can outrun youse!"

I finish my input in the rap battle and retreat back into the group feeling somewhat accomplished. I see Crush get encouraged by Loudmouth to have his turn, so he does.

"I'd like to say that you had a chance, but I just can't because we put you in a trance. We are so sweet we get mistaken for donuts, so bow down peasants and kiss our winner butts!"

I could tell that the group is quite taken aback by this, as we thought Crush would purposely make their team lose so we could get Banana back. I know he has something in mind, so I think I'll trust him in his decision to help Loudmouths team.

"Hey there Crush I don't mean to blush but you're rhymes are so bad they've given me a flush! I aint got the skills of all the youngsters but I've got the paper that pays the bills, so escort yourself back to your dumpster! Oh, and your English skills are trash and it's made you sound 10 years younger"

"Do you want some cream for that rash coz my respect you may have earned, but I'm so sorry, man, I believe you have been burned"

Marmie just topped off the best finish to the rap battle that our team could've dyshed out- and who would've thought Mr. Kevin was the one to get us over the finish line!! Actually, it kinda makes sense, him being an English teacher and all. But now, the only person left to rap is Banana.

"Hey dudes, listen up, here's some advice from your bottle brush chup. Please keep your rhymes to yourselves and don't even take the time to try and outdo your shelves. Why shelves, you ask? Because we be taking steps up, all above you and your pathetic crew. And that's all I got for today's barbecue because, my friends, we just devoured you."

Each team goes into a huddle at the end of the rap battle whilst Harry, the neutralist, decides who he thinks the overall winner is.

"You guys, Banana totally crushed that last bit and their team could really win!!" Marmie whispers with a slight tension in her voice.

"But our team produced straight, consistent fire throughout the battle whereas the opposing team were a bit inconsistent with their fire. It was more like a landslide but instead of sliding down, it slides up." Mr. Kevin reasons.

"So you could say they started from quite low and now they're up here at a higher point?" Marmie replies with not the slightest shame.

I can't help but let a giggle out, which is quickly cut off when we start to feel the ground shake and twist beneath our feet.

Harry leaps into the middle of the auditorium and yells out "IT'S A TIE".

Before we can react properly, the ground starts to cave in and, looking out the window to see what is happening, I quickly realize that we are experiencing a literal uphill landslide. All the land from the ground is ascending up the mountains and cliffs and a massive hole starts to develop in the middle of the auditorium. Of course only something like this can be caused by Freak Week. 
That's when the idea hits me.

I charge at Loudmouth like a bull towards a cape and knock him to the ground. I run into the spectator's room where I come face-to-metal with the machine that started Freak Week all those years ago. I signal to Marmie, Mr. Kevin and Jim to come help me. We lift it out of the room and down the stairs to the main auditorium floor. We then drag it towards the hole in the ground.

This is our one chance at ridding the world of Freak Week, and nothing is going to stop us from doing so.