Chapter 1

Rukayahs pov:
It's a beautiful Saturday morning and I am so glad that I don't have to go into work today. I love my job which is working in 02 but it's so tiring. I feel so lazy today I just can't be bothered to get out of bed but unfortunately I have to because I need to go shopping with my bestie kiran. Kiran is the only best friend I have and we've known each other since nursery days and I just can't believe that she is getting married! I get up and go have a quick shower and dry my hair, having long hair is so annoying and takes forever to dry. So today I thought I'd wear a plain black maxi dress with a cream cardigan and accessorised with a brown belt and a mocha hijab and can't forget my favourite brown peep toes. I thought I'd apply some mascara and some lip gloss and I was ready. I run down to have breakfast and everything is set on the table and as I'm about to tuck in my mom does her usual rambling about my marriage. "Rukayah when are you gonna settle down,I'm very worried for you" she has her serious face on and continues  to talk as I sit in silence and I have no idea of what kind of response I should give. Then the door bell goes and I am saved from having to reply. "Thank god" I mumble. "Bye mom,kiran is here,see you later love you" I kiss her and leave.