Pain

-Raine's P.O.V-

The sunlight gleaming through my eyelids and into my sensitive cornias, I flinched in surprise that the sunlight was so fresh and bright. The white plumb clouds slowly making their way across the light blue sky. The melody of birds singing from multiple places. Now this is what you're expecting life to be, but  before you realize it. The world turns dark and depressing. It betrays you into tjinking that life is easy and free but it's really like hell on earth. Unless this is hell...

I turned my gaze back to Rachael as she's just sitting there in her little blue jacket. Her ginger hair slightly covering her chesnut brown eyes, she was a cute little girl no more than 9 and I was no more than 8. She was my best friend in 1st grade but there was always something unusual about her. She never took off the jacket and never really talked much. She would always be distant to teachers and other kids but for some reason she was comfortable around me.

We would always swing on the swings and laugh about aligators and make up funny stories. She was a pretty chill girl.

It was Monday and I was so happy that I get to hang out with Rachael. I got on my pokemon shirt and my black little capri's, I found my cookie monster back pack that was on my dresser. I checked my hair and combed it, it was straight and slightly covering my face a bit. perfect.

I waited for dad to be ready but he was on the phone, sorrow written all over his face. He nods and hangs up "Okay, I'll tell her" His voice cracked. he put the phone back in his pocket and sighed, in the process of wiping the single stray tear than trickled shortly down his cheek bone. He looked at me and shot me a half smile, but I tink I was old enough to know that it was obviously forced, "Daddy, we have to hurry up before I'm late. i promised Rachael that i would meet her at our cubbies" I said tugging him to the door with a smile on my face.

He sighed and placed his hand on mine, "Sweetie, something happened.. Something bad happened." He started as he took a deep breath and close his eyes. "She's gone. Rachael.. She's dead. Her parents killed her.." He sighed. I shook my head immediately. " NO! Don't say that! Rachael is at school waiting for me!" I yelled. Tears streaming down my face. He pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry, sweetie" he whispered and stroked my hair.

"You're lying! Stop Lying!" I choke out between sobs. "I would never lie to you, pumpkin. Never." He said. I pushed him away and ran out of his weak grip, I ran in to my room and raced underneath my covers. I thought about all that we shared together and talked about. All our laughs and silly little jokes that we thought was so funny at the time. I miss her already and It feels like she never left.

This was just the beginning....