Chapter 11

"What are you talking about, he's completely valuable!" I argued passionately. This got a laugh of pure amusement out of Miles.

"He kills like, twelve alien dimension things in the first Avengers movie. And he was possessed for half of it because Loki is a bad ass." Miles rolled his eyes at my childishness of the subject.

"Hawkeye is more than bad ass, and he's not too bad looking either," I teased, finally trying a different tactic.

This got Miles' attention because he raised an eyebrow at me from across the counter island in my kitchen and took on a more defensive position in the argument, "Well, Hawkeye isn't your boyfriend, therefore-"

"I know, I know, I'll just admire via television and Internet." I said, lowering my eyes to look at my right hand between both of Miles' as he played with a ring on my middle finger, "But, to be honest, you're without a doubt the sexier one."

"Pfft, that title of overall sexiness goes to you," Miles said it with a laugh and I lifted my eyes to look at him. His eyes were looking downward, which cast his untidy hair into his face and gave him a mysterious look. It had already been two weeks of us being officially together and I still couldn't believe that I could call this amazing human being mine.

Miles looked up at me then, his eyes connecting with mine and a smile spread across his face, which caused me to crack a smile as well.

"You're smile dazzles me every time I see it," Miles said, his voice slightly quieter and huskier than before.

I tilted my head to the right slightly and brushed my thumb against the back of one of his hands, "I smile a lot though, so how does it-"

"Not your normal smile that is basically a reflex. Your genuine smile. The one that you don't use often." His eyes seemed too sincere, too genuine, for me to be staring into them like I was. His weakness may be my smile, but mine was his eyes, which made me far more vulnerable.

"I can't help but use it when I'm with you," I said, my eyes drifting downwards again. I felt one of Miles' hands let go of mine and slip under my chin, lifting my eyes back up.

"And I can't help but love it," Miles said, his eyes taking on a dark and mysterious side. He then began to lean towards me across the counter and I let my eyes drift shut as his lips connected with mine. Immediately I felt a rush of heat and want go through me, and I felt myself slowly sinking away with his touch-

"Well good afternoon kids," my dad's voice rang out loud and clear as he came through the door and I jumped away from Miles quickly as a startled reaction.

"Dad!"

"Hello Miles, how are you?" My dad ignored my exclamation as he plopped his work stuff on the counter between Miles and I.

"I'm just grand, how about you Mr. Gurder?" Miles asked, playing along with my dad. There was an amused look on his voice that told me he wasn't at all worried about the fact that my dad just caught us making out in the kitchen.

"I'm quite fine, thanks for asking," my dad responded, looking only at Miles. He was starting to warm up to Miles, probably because he was sick of fighting with me about him, but it was still progress. Miles on the other hand, was still quite oblivious to the fact that my dad wanted me to stay away from him.

"You're going to have to break his heart eventually, Ally, what do you expect to happen when you graduate and go back to being a pop star?" my dad had argued after I had told him that I had gotten into a relationship with Miles.

Two weeks later I still had no answer to that, and as graduation drew nearer I was even more wary and uneasy.

"Crap, we're going to be late to work if we don't leave," Miles voice broke into my stupor and I looked at the time. Sure enough, we had fifteen minutes to get to Starlight before we were late.

"Damn, alright, see you later dad!" I called as I swung my purse over my shoulder and followed Miles out the door, not waiting for his response.

Once we were on the road, Miles cleared his throat and stole a quick glance at me, "You seem kinda distracted, is everything alright?" He sounded so sincere and worried, it melted my heart a little.

"I was just thinking about after graduation and all. I'm fine though," I said, lying only slightly, and put my hand over his free one.

He smiled, but this time didn't take his eyes off the road as he said, "Well as long as you're happy, I am too."

Once we got to Starlight, we rushed to punch in our time cards and then jumped right into the after school/work chaos. I grabbed my notepad and pen and jumped right into serving the unserved tables.

"Hello, I'm Sky and I'll be your server this evening," I said it with as much upbeat enthusiasm as I could manage for something that I had said over a hundred times since I started working there. But the people weren't bad, and neither was the job, so there wasn't anything to complain about. In fact, everything was going absolutely great.

Until Reena came waltzing through the door that afternoon.

-----

Author's Note

I know it's been forever, so sorry, but I'll try to update as frequently as possible from here on out.

BUT LOOK AT THAT, THE SHIP HAS SAILED. WHAT'S THEIR SHIP NAME?

And then there's God damn Reena. Oh Reena.

Alright I hope you guys liked this chapter, I love all of you so freaking much, new chapters will be more frequent!!!!!