The Beginning

Its so fresh out. The cool breeze makes me feel like I can just float in the air."Samantha open your eyes, look at the houses. They look so small and funny." I was so focused on the wind I almost forgot I had brought Daniel with me. I open my eyes and look down the hill at my small town. I hate this town so much; I should just leave. I can leave, I have a scholarship an- no you have to stay with Daniel. Yes, he is the reason I am staying he deserves a chance to be happy at least I can try to make him happy. "Okay Daniel what do you want to eat today?" I say as I look at my brother, I can't believe he is finally seven years old today. I feel so old. "Ummm, sushi. No wait I don't like fish. Pizza" Oh no not pizza we eat it almost every day. I sigh loudly to make sure he hears me. "Fine but we have to get mushrooms on it" He looks at me in disgust "Never mind," he says "Let's get Chinese food" Finally something besides pizza for a change.

Well Chinese food can definitely get a girl full. "Hey, I'm full." Daniel tells me as we walk out of the restaurant. "So am I. Do you like your birthday so far? Have I reached the kings highest expectations?" I ask him while bowing, he likes when I pretend he is a king. He always tells me I am his butler and he is the king even though that doesn't make much sense, but I play along anyways. "Yes the king is happy. But the king is sleepy so let us go home." "Of course your majesty" I say as I grab his hand to cross the street. Our house is not that far from the restaurant its only about twenty minutes away but we do pass a lot of stores and Daniels school. Whatever route we take to get to the main stores we always go pass the flower shop. Daisy's Flowers which is a problem. Daisy's Flowers sells flowers, which is obvious hence the name, but the reason it's a problem Is because of Charlie. Charlie is the cute son of Daisy and he is the same age as me. We went to school with each other and we were best friends but then in high school I started to drift away from him because of stuff that he couldn't understand. Recently before that he had told me that he had a crush on me but I told him it wasn't the best time for me to start dating. I did like him but I couldn't deal with a boyfriend and the problems at home, it was just too much. So when I started to talk less to him and pretty much everyone else he assumed it was because of what he told me, which it wasn't.

I started to see the top part of the flower shop's hut. "Crap" I said out loud realizing I made a mistake. "Hey no bad words remember; they are bad" Daniel said as he scolded me. "I'm sorry. It wasn't on purpose." I said. My heart started racing faster as we walked closer to the hut. "Hey Samantha" Charlie said cheerfully. "Hi" I muttered as I walked faster to get across the street. "Look Sammy look; they have the bubbles with the whistle." Daniel said excitedly as he pulled me closer to the hut. Nope, no I am not going any closer. "No Daniel we need to go home" I said. Daniel then looked at me with sad eyes. "But it's my birthday. Please Sammy". I look at Daniel wanting to scream why do you hate me, but I gave in. "Fine get one". "Yay Sammy loves me" he screams as he runs to the booth. I walk to the hut trying to relax and control my heart rate. Why am I so nervous? You know why because you broke his heart and made him feel like a monster for causing you to not talk to anyone."Hey Sam." Charlie said to me. "Hi Daniel I heard it was your birthday today so you pick any toy you want on the house." Charlie said as he looked down at Daniel. "Yes, free bubbles" Daniel yelled grabbing the one that looked like a train. "So Sam, how you been?" Charlie asks me. "I still feel the same since you asked me yesterday and the day before that." I said nodding. I quickly, after that encounter pretended to get a paged and told him it was from my mom. As we began our journey once more I looked at Daniel and asked "Hey why did you want to get that toy? Don't you think whistles are annoying?" "I do, but I like Charlie and so do you." What, did he just say that? I looked at him while he blew his bubbles.

Finally, home at last I can sleep. I stepped in the house and immediately heard her scream "Samantha, where were you huh? I looked for you at school and the park but you were gone" "Mom I don't go to school and there is no park around here" I said remembering that she was still here. "Well why the hell did you take Dan, it's almost night out and he has a bedtime you stupid girl." She yelled as she threw shoe at me. Thankfully she missed but Daniel saw everything. "Daniel go to the room now" I said as I pushed him towards the door. He ran to the room and I followed along. I did not want to deal with her right, as I heard her scream and call me names I shut the door.

Lovely day to be out, the sun is out, flowers blooming, birds whistling I am sure glad I didn't forget my bike. 'Hey Sam, thanks for coming out with me. I know you didn't want to but I will make sure this will be a great date' 'Thanks Charles, and I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance before. But anyways since we have bikes, wanna race down?' 'You're on Sam Richmond'

I woke up with a jolt. Woah did I just dream of going on a date with Charlie. I don't really know if I enjoyed that or not. Anyways that will never happen now it's a new day and new challenges.