Sanctum Shenanigans

"Felix, wake up!" the man with brown hair tossed away from whoever was calling him to wake up. "C'mon, do you want me to poke you out of bed?" Felix didn't respond and only pretended to continue sleeping. The other huffed and climbed up the ladder above his bunk. He seemed to pause for a moment as the man couldn't feel any movement. Feeling a poke on his neck, Felix bolted up from his peaceful rest and found Isaac laughing right next to him. That bastard.

    "You know that I hate waking up early in the morning." the blond simply tilted his head to the side and gave a smug smirk. Felix responded by tickling the other's stomach which caused Isaac to giggle like a maniac until he decided to give mercy. Satisfied, the man descended the ladder onto a rather soft floor. 

    Recently, eight warriors have joined the ranks of Sanctum and everyone else couldn't be happier. They were understaffed due to the lack of psynergy wielders in the last decade. It seemed like alchemy was beginning to fade from the world with all of their fancy machinery taking up most of that energy from them. This was going to be a big issue in the future, especially with the templars. 

    The brunet was lost in his thoughts until Isaac poked him on his neck again, "Why are you looking so glum? We just made it into Sanctum three days ago! Look alive!"

     Felix sighed and shook his head, "I know, but we left Vale behind. We were the youngest warriors they had there. The town might be on its last legs..." Isaac appeared apprehensive after he said this. Not that he could blame him for it, he still had his mother back there unlike Felix. 

    What he did after surprised him. The younger male was smiling, "You don't think I pay attention to my surroundings? And I thought you were the observant one." The blond made his way to the door. "Well, what are you waiting for?" the brunet followed right after him towards the cafeteria. There he saw his sister, Jenna, with Mia. Those two quickly became good friends during their initiation and haven't left each other's side since. Jenna waved to the two as they approached, eager to see her big brother. Meanwhile, Isaac waved Ivan and Piers over. 

    "Hey! The whole gang is almost here!" Jenna cheerfully exclaimed with Mia brushing a scarlet bang off her friend's face. "Miiiiaaaa." she blushed and the girl with blue hair couldn't help but giggle in response. Ivan and Piers looked at each other and blushed. Everyone knew what this meant... "Huh?! When did you two start dating?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Jenna's well practiced waterworks were about to be unleashed until Mia patted her head to comfort her.

    Ivan relaxed into his lover's hold, "W-we just got together yesterday... At the party. I-I'm sorry that we didn't tell you... If it makes you feel any better no one else knew." Everyone else nodded in response to hopefully prevent Felix's sister from crying a river all the way back to Vale. The couple of Garet and Sheba found that moment good to join the group. They looked a little confused as to what was going on. Piers had to fill them in while the rest of the group ate their breakfast. 

    "...So," Everyone perked up at Isaac's comment. He was the unspoken leader of the group and no one questioned his authority in the battlefield. Though everyone knew to go to Felix as he was the actual leader outside of battling. It was an odd mutual agreement that Isaac never quite accepted since he thought Felix was the better choice, "are we still hanging out at the lounge after our duties are done or...?" 

    Sheba laughed, "Of course! Hey, don't forget to bring the Uke or Seme game. We all agreed to do that when we all got into Sanctum." Everyone sighed as they knew this was coming. Finding out who was going to be compatible with who was going to be a heart breaker perhaps. At least the two couples of the group didn't have to worry. However, Isaac seemed uncomfortable for a reason Felix couldn't place. He knew that the blond always tried to avoid love. He thought of it as something that would get in the way of his ambitions. Then why was he agreeing to do this?