Chapter 8

Casper's pov

A few weeks went by since Zack's out of control party happened and I think it's about time I go back to school. I'm pretty sure Zack won't like it that much because that means he's going to have to deal with his dad again. But hopefully he'll deal with it for me. I am thinking about telling him after I wake him up, and it's 7:19am so I'll get him up after I make something quick for breakfast. I slowly went down stairs and made some toast with peanut butter. I went back upstairs and woke up Zack.

"Hey, time to wake up." I say softly, he groans and rolls over toward me and smiles

"Good Morning Blondy." He says in a cute sleepy voice.

"It's time to get up" I say and he slowly gets up and we both go down stairs and start eating our breakfast.

"So why did you wake me up so early?" He asks me well taking a bite out of his toast.

"Yeah... About that... I want to go back to school..." I say looking down at the table.

"You what?! Why??"

"Well I know my marks are slowly going down and my mom won't be to happy if I'm failing.." I say back, still looking at the table. He doesn't like the idea. I knew he wouldn't, But what am I supposed to do...?

"Fine. If that's what you really want." He said a bit frustrated and went up stairs. "I'll be down when I'm done getting changed". He yelled down the stairs.

"Alright." I say back and grab both of our school bags and get our stuff together as I'm waiting. He's actually going back to school with me. I'm shocked. But happy.

"Okay, let's go." He says running down the stairs and out the door. I grab our stuff and follow.

The ride to school was pretty fast since we were running a little late but we got there just in time, now we're in gym class.

Zack's POV

I can't believe I'm here, now I have to deal with everyone again  especially my dad. Great... After I'm done changing I walk into the gym where everyone is.

"Look who it is." I hear someone say and turn to see who it is.. it was Chris. "Last time I seen you, was.Mm. Let me think, oh yeah! You were going to save your little gay friend. How pathetic. Did you actually get there on time? Or was he dead?" He said.

"Ha, actually he wa-" I started but got cut off by Chris pushing me out of the way. I turn around to see Casper walking out of the change room, all the boys just stare at him as he began warm ups.

"Hey gay boy!" Chris yells walking over to Casper. All Casper does is look at him and wait for hell to break lose. "What do you think you're doing?!" Chris said grabbing Casper's shirt pulling him up to face him. Casper just stares blankly at him, I wonder what has gotten into him.

"Could you let me down, please?" Casper says looking right at Chris. Is he really going to stand up for himself? Maybe this is why he wanted to come back to school.

"Your kidding right? do you really think I'm going to let you go that easily?" Chris asked tightening his grip on Casper's collar, as his grip tightened Casper swing his leg hitting Chris dead center in the junk. Chris dropped Casper as he fell to the floor grabbing at his junk.

It took everything I had in me not to run over to make sure he was ok, until I saw him stand up with a look of pure determination and concentration on his face.

He then looked down at Chris and... was that a smirk?

I began to walk closer to the scene and, I am right it is a smirk. I think to myself "Damn he is cute when he looks cocky!", but I shove the thought to the back of my head when I see Caspers lips curl to begin to form words.