six. it would be fly if you were my B.U.D.D.Y

Artist: Musiq Soulchild
Song: BUDDY

Lillie's eyes danced around the sketched canvas, really taking in the boy's unfinished piece.

Sections of the girl was penciled on the once small white background.

Her curly ringlets, big eyes, button nose, hidden freckles, and small hands were splattered randomly in parts amongst the canvas.

But it glued together so well and she was anxious to see how it looked when it was all put together. (no pun intended)

"You...drew me?" The curly headed girl asked, eyes still glued to the canvas. Cole stood with his eyebrows furrowed, confused to who she was referring to when she replied.

It seemed the question was towards him but it also sounded as if she was asking herself.

And suddenly the boy began to feel that he's overstepped his boundaries. This was now weird and he's ruined this, barely established, relationship.

He ran a hand through his golden locks and sighed.

"I'm sorry--I--just draw based off what my mind spits out and it just happened," He paused to catch his breath and at the same time Lillie whipped her head to face him, eyebrows knotted in confusion. "I can't control what's on my mind, y'know? Well not that you--actually forget it I'll just trash it." Cole's mouth moved faster than his thoughts and it frustrated him to know that he was becoming a mess before the girl. He took a step towards the easel but Lillie's palm rested on his chest, stopping him.

"I like it." The girl said, looking up at his shiny eyes that seemed to be shinier from the scarlet red beaming from the sky.

Cole's breath got caught in his throat as he glanced down at her small hand on his chest. He was hoping, really hoping, she couldn't feel how fast his heartbeat was going underneath the thin fabric.

And when he glanced up at her, then noticed how she was looking at him, he knew then she had to feel his heart beating out of his chest.

He licked his lips and blinked a few times before answering the girl.

"You do?" Cole heard her the first time but he was having trouble believing it because he was sure she didn't like it. Lillie smiled and nodded, taking a look at her unmoved hand still pressed against his chest.

He followed her gaze then met her eyes as she moved her head back up to face him.

"Can I see you finish it?" Lillie asked softly, eyes big and puppy-like, making Cole weak to his knees.

How can anyone say 'no' to that?

Cole smirked, eyes falling to her hand then back to her own.

"Yeah, if you'd set me free." The blonde boy joked, bringing a giggle from her lips. She removed her palm and stood to the side to allow him access to the easel. He smiled down at the girl as he stepped over at the wooden stand.

His clammy hands readjusted the canvas right in the middle of holder. The boy nodded over to a nearby stool which caught Lillie's attention.

"Wow, you want me to get a chair for you, lazy?" Lillie half joked, she was slightly irritated because the stool wasn't too far from him so all he had to do was reach and he had it.

Cole choked out a chuckle and shook his head at the girl. "It's actually for you, lily pad." He corrected, raising his brows at the smaller one when her mouth formed an 'o'.

She rolled her eyes to herself and bit her lip as she walked over to grab the stool. The girl was beyond embarrassed, red cheeks on full display when she turned to face him.