Chapter 9

~Ashley's POV~

When I woke from my long,depressing slumber, I noticed that it had gotten dark out; and also that Andy was gone.

Where did he go?! Was this all just a dream? Then how did I end up in the woods?

I licked my snout to see if I could still feel the bite marks Jake left; still there. Than where the hell is Andy?!

Did Jake come back and drag his limp, lifeless body back home?!

I tried to get up but depression quickly collapsed on me and I laid back down; I whimpered in pain and loneliness.

"Easy old timer." That voice, it sounded so familiar. I looked to the left and saw Andy sitting next to me. I cried tears of joy, thankful he wasn't dead. I licked his face and tumbled ontop of him.

"Hey, easy boy. Easy." Andy chuckled.

Wait, does he even know who I am?

I stopped licking his face and stared at him,hopefully he'll recognize me. He stared back, but I couldn't tell what his face was trying to express. I slowly got up limping away from him.

"Where ya going?" Andy asked staying seated where he was. I changed back into my human form and fell back down to the ground.

"Ashley!" Andy shouted as he got up and carefully inspected my aching body.

"Oh my God; are you ok?!"

"Yeah, I'm ok." I muffled, though that was a complete lie.

"C'mon, try to get up." Andy said stepping back to give me room. I slowly stood up, but fell back down. Andy ran over and threw my arm over his shoulder as he hoisted me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked not really knowing our location. I know I can't go back home with Andy with me; or back to his place with me by him.

"I know a small abandoned place not that far from here. I go here every summer with my clang."

~

The walk took a while, but we made it. It was a small, regular looking house in the middle of the woods. Behind it was the river but flowing at a more calming and gentle pace.

When we entered, it was dark and smelt like a grandma's house. We walked to the left to the kitchen where I propped myself up on the counter. Andy went into his fridge and grabbed an ice pack.

"Put this on your nose for a second; I'm gonna run to the bathroom and get some medical supplies. You can sit on the couch if you want." Andy explained pointing at the couch across the room. I jumped down from the counter and made my way to the gray couch.

This house looked like it belonged to an ordinary family, not a vampire clang. As I waited for Andy to return, I took the time to absorb everything that happened.

Why did Jake inspect Andy but not me? Did he think I was dead? Did Andy really die? Where was he bleeding? I didn't see a fresh wound or anything on him. Did he even get injured?

Thankfully Andy came back before I was overthinking everything. He pulled a rocking footstool close to me and sat in front of me with a pile of supplies next to him.