4 - Dodgy Dave's

The next morning I grab my laptop bag from a box in the hall, they got dropped off this morning before Edna and the rest of the household left for the day. Inside I pack the permanently borrowed files from the social worker, phone and laptop. I do this carefully so that everything fits into the small space. I walk into the kitchen and find some bread and marmite set out for me to make toast with. Last night before I fell asleep Edna asked what I like on my toast so that I wouldn't have to get up early to have food. I place the toast into the baby pink toaster. Who would have know you could get a pink toaster? The toast pops up, and I spread a thick layer of the thick paste onto the golden brown toast. I eat it as I walk back up the stairs into my room. I roamge through one of the many cardboard boxes to find some clothes. I pick out a pair of black, ripped jeans and a maroon jumper. I run down the stairs and find a spare key for the front door hanging on a red peg on the pin board. I take it and put it in my jeans pocket. I walk out the front door and lock it. I double check that it's locked by pressing down on the handle. Once I'm sure that it's not open I walk out the tarmaced drive and onto the pavement. The bus stop is just across the road so I sprint across just as the bus arrives.
I pay my fare with some change that was in my laptop bag and take a seat near the back. The poles all around my seat are covered in old gum and the seats look as though they've been thrown up on. They smell like it too.

I get off when we reach town and then walk through the center of the city and down a few back roads until I come to an Internet café, the sign on the front names it "InterCaf", the locals to the café however call it Dodgy Dave's, it's unknown who Dave actually is since the owner is called Eric. It's a den of criminal activity and it's just the place I need to be. I open the glass front door and walk in, the smell of stagnant tea and old milk hits me, it's odly comforting. I walk over to the counter where the coffee machine and cashier are placed. "I'm here to see Eric" I tell the guy behind the counter.
"Who's lookin?" He asks, not many people are trusting around here. "Sophie"
"He's in the back". I walk through the Staff Only door into a set of back rooms where most of the illegal deals are made. I used to come here fairly regularly after I went off the rails but I haven't been back in months. "Well well well if it isn't Little Miss Med School" calls a voice from the office. Walking inside, I see Eric is sat behind his cheap desk filling in paperwork. "Well well well if it isn't Mr Illegal activities" I reply.
"How you bin sugar?" He asks.
"Not bad until a two days ago when my parents got murdered" I look down, feeling my chest swell with sorrow. "Jesus, what do you need?" He asks, I know exactly what he means.
"A new laptop with self situating WiFi, a new phone with an American sim and an American passport making me 20 and an American Credit card, with the money from this account in it." I reply handing over the bank accounts details. I then hand over my laptop and phone as partial payment. "Give me two hours and I'll get you sorted" he says, confirming my order.

Two hours later I emerge from the backroom. I gave Eric £2000 for the fake documents, a fraction of what anyone else would pay. Eric threw in an American drivers licence aswell.

Sophie Taylor no longer exists my name is Sophie Johnson.