Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

Zuko awoke the next morning, still naked in his bed. He looked around and was pleased to find that he was completely alone. He turned to his side and balled up, wrapping himself in his blanket. Without warning he began to cry, bringing his hands to his face to try and hide his tears of disgrace and shame. She had taken him and in one night crushed his courage, she had belittled him. The tears flowed out of his eyes, he had no control over himself. His pillow was already soaked, and he wasn't even halfway done crying.

"Zuko, its Aang, are you ready?"

"I'm not feeling well, I'm staying in my room and sleeping this off. I want no disturbances. "

"Alright, but I am coming back later to check on you." He heard footsteps disappear down the hall and he continued crying. It wasn't long before he fell asleep. He awoke several hours later, the sun was almost completely out of the sky. He felt depressed, weak, and gross. Peeking out his door and looking down both hallways, he deemed them clear and swiftly walked to the wash room. He locked the door behind him sat down in one of the tubs. The water was irrigated in from the waterfall outside the palace, and it was heated up with his firebending.

He grabbed a jar of natural cleansing gels and smoothed some into his hair, scrubbing his head with his fingers. He dunk his head into the water, allowing the gels to be washed away, he scrubbed his body and rinsed himself off. Finally he laid in the water, everything but his head was submerged in the water. The doorknob began to rattle and Zuko shot up from the water.

"Who is it?" he yelled, scared that it might be Suki.

"It's Sokka, I have to take a bath. Would it be alright if I came in and used one of the tubs?" Zuko got up and put his robe on, unlocking the door. The tubs had walls between them, so they were somewhat private. "Thanks Zuko." He nodded and walked in.

"Of course." Even after everything he had dealt with the past couple days, he was happy to see Sokka. This was the first time that he was happy in a while. He lay back down in his tub and heard Sokka plunge into his.

"So, are you feeling better? I was told you were sick earlier."

"Oh, yes I'm alright now. It's just been a, uh, rough couple days."

"I understand that." Zuko shifted in the water. I wonder what could be bothering him. He thought to himself.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Oh, pointless stuff. Suki is driving me crazy, I am honestly debating on leaving her. There is no point to us being together."

"Why do you say that?"

"Oh come one Zuko, you see how she treats me. It's like I don't even exist anymore, it's obvious that she lost her love for me a long time ago. It's whatever; I don't love her anymore anyways."

"Then why did you stay with her?"

"I was hoping we could repair the damage in our relationship and make it work out. I guess I don't mean that much to her. I think it's time for me to give up and move on." He sounded hurt.

"I see. Well, I'll support you in any decision you make. I'm here for you Sokka."

"Thanks, I appreciate it." He heard water dripping as Sokka stood up from the tub and stepped out. He heard him putting his towel around his body and walking to pick up his things.