Part 2

*CONTEST ENTRY*

Minato had assigned his students to spar with each other, much to their disappointment, so he could have some time to speak with you. He walked towards the tree you were leaning against and smiled. You looked at him and returned his smile.

"Thanks for your help back there," he said, standing by your left. You shrugged.

"No problem," you replied. He didn't say anything else after that, and a comfortable silence settled between the two of you. You observed your brother and his friends argue over something you couldn't quite make out with a small smile.

Obito and Kakashi went up against each other first and started right away. Rin stood on the sidelines to watch.

"I will defeat you this time, Kakashi!" Obito declared, throwing a kunai at the Hatake.

"I'd like to see you try," Kakashi said, neatly deflecting it with his tantō.

"Your students are very entertaining," you commented, "They remind me of my old team a lot." Minato glanced at you.

"I guess they are," he said, lips curving slightly, "Your brother and Obito would often argue and postpone their training." Expression faltering, he sighed wearily. You could tell that he was fed up with their constant bicker.

You chuckled. "I can see that. I hope Kakashi's not too much trouble."

"Oh no! Kakashi's no trouble at all, I can assure you." He laughed at the end of his sentence and you smiled in relief. Another silence was shared, not that you minded. You're not a conversationalist, so you actually appreciated the silence. The blonde stole another quick look at you.

'An introvert like her brother, huh?' Minato thought, gazing up at the blue void. Fluffy, cotton clouds swirled in the sky, morphing into different odd shapes. A sigh of contentment slipped past his lips.

You tilted your head down, eyes shutting. For some reason, you felt fatigued and needed to close your eyes. It's probably the side-effect of the tablet you had took. Putting your hand over your mouth, you let out a quiet yawn. A little nap won't hurt, right? Minato then flickered his eyes to his right, noticing you with your head down.

'Feeling sleepy already?' he thought, chuckling softly.

The leaves of the trees rustled; streams of wind weaving through the gaps. A soft breeze whistled past you, catching your (h/c) locks. They danced in the air, going with the flow of the gentle wind. The beaming sun cast long shadows ahead of you, dappling sunlight over your hair, bringing out its highlights.

The silence only lasted for a few minutes before Minato decided to break it.

"You know, Kushina always talks about you," he started, "You'd sometimes be the main topic of our discussions." At the new information, your eyes snapped open, head turning in surprise.

"S-she does?" you stammered. He gave you a closed-eye smile.

"Mhmm, and she seems very happy to have you as a friend. I want to thank you for it."

You suddenly became shy. "A-ah, there's n-no need for that." You quickly looked away, cheeks pink. As the two of you talked and knew about each other's lives more, Minato came to admire you, namely your determination. He found it admirable.

Rin stared at you as you conversed with Minato, before taking note of your pale skin and delicate constitution. She returned her eyes to Kakashi, who was already done sparring and is now ignoring Obito's ramble about challenging him again, and nudged his arm, causing him to divert his attention to her.