Before You Read

Dear Readers, 

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the holocaust and the many tragedies that occurred during it. If not here is a brief summary of the terrors that went on for those few years. If you already have knowledge on the subject feel free to skip this.

In the 1900's after WW1, Germany was in a Great Depression because of all the reparations payments) it had to pay for war damages. The German citizens had lost hope for their country, that was until dictator, Adolf Hitler, promised them a new life with much more success. He made the German citizens believe that Germany could become a world power again, and that raised their spirits. Hitler was an excellent speaker and helped the citizens of Germany feel that the depression was not their fault, it was only the Jews. One by one, Hitler turned the population of Germany against Jews and slowly striped them of everything they had. Many stood by and watched as they were harshly treated only for being themselves. First, their jobs, rights, and families were taken away. Next, Jews were stripped from their homes and forced into 'Ghetto Neighborhoods', a place where they all were set to live. The food source was scarce and the condition were unbearable, but that wasn't all. Hitler's army dragged Jews to death camps where they would either be worked or murdered. This happened to men, women, children and even babies. All of these crimes took place during WW2, and the allied forces were too late to stop millions of innocent Jewish people from being murdered. The only reason they were killed, was because they were themselves...

And now the poem.