When we meet at last...

"Who... who was that? Who are you?!" I said very frantically trying to rationalize in my mind what was happening and what I should do.

"Don't be afraid, I am not going to hurt you."  

I couldn't figure out what to do or what to say before the creature started to come out of the sewer. I started to back away really fast and I almost screamed, but then I saw it. He is just like another human boy, but why is he in the sewer? The "rats" could have gotten him, maybe that is why he asked for my help.

"Did you need help getting away from the 'rats'?" I started to analyze him to try and see if he had been hurt or attacked, but he looked just fine to me.

"Getting away from the what?" he asked kind of half jokingly but also very curiously.

"The 'rats', you know the bad people who live under the sewer planning our destruction?" He seemed very confused when he looked at me the way he did. It seemed to have took him a moment until he realized what I was talking about, was he not taught this in school yet?

"WE ARE NOT THE RATS!!! YOU PROTECTED ONES ARE THE RATS WHO JUST FOLLOW THAT LEADER AROUND LIKE YOU CAN'T SMELL THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT OF THEIR MOUTH!!!" He was breathing heavy and had his hands in a fist.

I back away slowly trying not to make any sudden movements to piss him off even more. But that didn't work at all.

"OH SO NOW YOU ARE SCARED OF ME BECAUSE YOU THINK I AM A BAD PERSON?! WELL YOU SHOULD BE SCARED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE OF THE AWFUL THINGS YOU PEOPLE ALLOW THE LEADERS TO DO TO US!!!"

"What kind of awful things?" I didn't really know what he was talking about, I never really understood what the leaders were doing anyways, so how could I have let them do something when I didn't even know what they were doing? It didn't make any sense to me, but I patiently waited for his answer when I saw a porch light come on and then the front door opened. As soon as I turned around he was gone with no trace of him. I walked home blushing remembering what he looked like and how he spoke, I think I have a crush on him...