Chapter Ten/Finale: Not So Scandalous Anymore

Chapter 10—Not So Scandalous Anymore {Finale}

...One Year Later...

"Good morning, Ms. Sharpe," Avery greeted.

"Morning, Avery."

She was Colton's new personal assistant.

"Mr. Daniels is expecting you in his office," she informed me.

I walked into the main office and placed a large cup of coffee on the shiny new desk.

"Hi there, Mr. CEO," I chirped.

"Elena, hey, I—ooh, coffee," Colton said, noticing the cup I brought him.

"You'd rather have your fix of caffeine than properly greet your fiancé?" I teased.

He smirked. "Of course not. I'm just messing with you."

He stood up from his leather seat and approached me.

He caressed both of my cheeks and then pressed his lips against mine.

"Hmm, I like kissing you," he said, making me blush.

He grinned and pulled me into a long kiss.

The door swung open and Harper walked in.

"Oops, am I interrupting something?" she asked.

Colton and I pulled away.

"Assistant manager Thompson," Colton said, in his "boss tone."

"Drop the boss voice, Colton," she said.

He laughed. "Hi, Harper. What's up?"

"I have just been informed that LonDaniels has just doubled its profit," she replied.

"Excellent. I'm so glad that Stella didn't let Lucy talk her out of merging branches with our company," Colton stated.

Harper sat on the couch in the corner.

"So, Elena, how does it feel to work as the manager of Bello's?"

"It was a very quick climb, and it feels amazing to go from working there part-time to being one of the top runners in the shop."

"How is it working as assistant manager here?" I asked.

"I must say that being friends with the CEO has its perks," she replied.

I smiled. "So, are you free tonight?"

"Girls night out?" she guessed.

"No, um, I was thinking that you and your new boyfriend could go on a double date with me and Colton."

"Yeah, I'll call Mitchell later. I'm sure he'd love to come."

"Great. We were thinking about going to Midori's for sushi and then drinks at Tucker's."

"Sounds great," she agreed.

Avery slowly opened the door.

"May I come in, please?"

"Sure. What's going on?" Colton answered.

She walked and said, "Guess who's on the news for getting engaged to a sixty-year-old man."

"I have a guess," I stated.

Colton switched on a small flat screen and channeled it to the entertainment show, Snap News.

The woman on the screen reported, "Lucy London, the daughter of Stella London, has just announced her engagement to millionaire, Griffin Hawkley. After serious drama just a little over a year ago with present-CEO Colton Daniels, it looks like Ms. London is finding comfort in the arms of a much older man...and possible comfort in his thick wallet. Lucy tweeted a picture of her more-than-extravagant ring, which produced a surge of re-tweets and praise, as well as several nasty comments. This is Penny Shane from Snap News, and we'll keep you posted."

Harper rolled her eyes. "I saw that coming."

"Thanks for showing me that, Avery," Colton said.

"Are you angry, sir?"

"Of course not. I needed a bit of a laugh," he said, chuckling. "Lucy was always after the sole goal of keeping her luxurious life, and she might just get it."

"Speaking of luxuries, the papers for your new house came," Avery said, handing him a folder.

"Thank you," Colton replied, and she gave him a quick nod before leaving the office.

"New house?" Harper said, questioningly. "Did you guys settle on that cute one with the fountain and the infinity pool?"

I smiled.

"You did, didn't you?" she gasped.

"Yes, we did!" I cheered. "It's so exciting."

"All we need to do is sign a few more papers, love," Colton told me.

"And then we're all set," I replied.

"Things turned out better than I expected."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I sense that things are going to get all lovey-dovey in here, so I think I'll go. See you two later," Harper said, walking out of the room.

"Bye Harper," Colton and I said.

He faced me once again.

"Now, tell me. What do you mean?"

"When you walked into my office, I didn't think that we'd end up this way."

"Neither did I," I added.

"Well, I'm glad I hired you."

"Even though it caused a major scandal in the office?" I questioned.

"Yes. Actually, I'm quite thankful for that little scandal. I love you, Elena."

"I love you, too, Colton," I replied, kissing him.

End.

**

[Author's Note: Found these "lost" chapters of a story I had published on a former website! So basically, it fell into my lap for me to publish right away because I already had it finished! Notice my super old message below!]

{WHOO-HOO! ANOTHER STORY DONE. HONESTLY, I JUST NEEDED THIS STORY TO CLEAR MY HEAD OF A RANDOM PLOT, BUT I THINK IT TURNED OUT ALRIGHT. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! YOU'RE ALL AWESOME! UNTIL MY NEXT STORY, WHICH WILL BE CALLED "DEAR LIFE," PEACE OUT. MUCH LOVE. JBfanFrVr!!!...Side note: JoBros's "First Time" just came out on iTunes}